CFS/ME & Pregnancy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Although I have known there has been something wrong with me for a long time, I have recently been formally diagnosed with CFS/ME and the first thought that springs to mind is can I still have children? 

A few of my friends have had children and tell me how exhusting pregnancy is... how do I cope with that when I am already so fatigued as it is? And how do you cope with the lack of sleep once baby comes?? 

Anybody been through this? Interested to know how you manage. 

Please share

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can't attest to lack of sleep when the baby comes but I'm in my second tri of my first pregnancy right now.

The fatigue is worse but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I think a normal woman would be totally affected by it but honestly I feel like I'm so used to being in pain and exhausted all of the time that a little more isn't going to drastically affect me and it hasn't so far.

For now I'm just exercising less, relaxing more, and allowing myself to indulge a little with food.

And I'm also allowing myself to just feel bad and know that I'll feel a little better eventually. Thinking to myself it will be worth it in the end is the best way to cope :-)

• Posted

Thanks so much for the insight, and congratulations on your pregnancy! Do you know what your having? 

That does make me feel better knowing its not going to bed bound me, thats what I was worried about most. Sounds like you got this pregnancy thing down to a tee! Defo have a great mindset. 

What treatments have you had if you dont mind me asking? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.