CFS need advice for supplements please

Posted , 2 users are following.

depressed, exhausted, no concentration, i take cymbalta 20mg since two days for depression , what can take for energy and concentration as  supplement that is really working?  i wanted to take rhodiola but it may have an interaction with cymbalta?

thank you in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so terrible, Anne! You said that you have been taking the cymbalta for 2 days, so give it a chance to work. Also, Vitamins B-12 and D are supposed to help some with CFS. I'm not familiar with rhodiola, but I'm sure your doctor would know if it can be taken safely with the cumbalta.

Pace yourself, try to do some meditation and yoga, and if you are up to it, try some light exercise-but do not over due it! Good luck. KPD

• Posted

yesi ll try B12, i meant two weeks of cymbalta, feel tired on it , just begin with 15mg instead of 30mg so i think it does not make anything but i already feel the drowsiness..
    • Posted

If you are having trouble with sleep, ask you doctor about Doxepin. In low doses before bedtime, it helps to induce REM sleep. Often people with CFS are exhausted becasue they are getting the restful sleep that is required to help the body heal. Figuring out how to help energy levels is a tough one. I've struggled with that for years-some days are better than others. My daughter takes a supplement that helps her alot. She buys it at GNC. It is called Super HD. She started to use it for weight loss but finds that it helps increase her energy. Good luck. KPD

• Posted

Sorry, meant that they DON'T get restful sleep. I wish you could edit comments on this forum!

• Posted

thank you for the advice, you are right, i ll take care of my sleep as it is important ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.