CFS?? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody, I joined this forum because I have been helplessly confused and lost for about a year now. Just for info I am a 20 year old male. For this past year I have extremely tired and I cannot figure out why. I have a history of depression and anxiety but this doesn't feel like that type of tiredness. I have on antidepressants for a while and they seem to be working just fine, it was just like one morning I woke up and could not for the life of me figure out why I was so tired. This problem has been persistent. I have run my blood work and everything seems normal and am currently waiting to go into a sleep study. I am just so confused as to why I am this tired and thought that CFS might be the issue. I am constantly relying on stimulants just to get me through the day. It is very depressing because I am only 20 years old and feel as if the best years of my life are passing me by because of this fatigue. Any thoughts..?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the typos, I guess my thoughts go ahead of my typing haha
  • Posted

I also have been dealing with bad tension headaches and lower back aches when I am not on my antidepressant, I am not sure if that is just stress from the day or could be an indicator of some underlying condition
  • Posted

I'm sorry I keep adding to this, but I have also been experiencing really bad bouts of brain fog and forgetfulness, I just feel as if I want to sleep all day everyday. Everything feels 10x harder than it should, it's very hard to clearly think 

• Posted

Does sound like it could well be ME/CFS, to me. If tests rule out anything else then is highly possible.

Really feel for you having to try and work like this too.  If your on face book there's a forum on there called 

Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Private Group which ive joined. Just seeing all the other comments and comparing the way it affects others with yourself may help. 

Also could be candida as well as the two can make you feel similar, cut out sugar from your diet. It seems that gps dont test for this which is a shame. Look this up on google as well.  

Sue 

• Posted

Fatigue can be caused by many issues and illnesses, including ME/CFS, of course. One hallmark of ME/CFS is what's called post-exertional malaise (PEM). In other words, when you do something, you get fatigued way out of proportion to the activity. For instance, when I first became ill with ME/CFS, after I showered, I had to lie down for hours. People can have a less severe form of PEM, but that is a red flag for this illness. Other core symptoms are non-restorative sleep, cognitive dysfunction, or orthostatic intolerance. Go the the "solve me/cfs initiative" website for more information. If you think you might have this illness, an infectious disease doctor or rheumatologist might be able to help you. Also, in case you do have ME/CFS, don't try to push through the fatigue. It can make you a lot worse and lessen your chances for a recovery. Pace yourself and stay within your energy envelope. 

• Posted

I love the phrase 'energy envelope'! I don't know why, but it's really made me laugh. Next time I'm talking myself out of doing something stupid I'm going to tell myself to stay within my energy envelope - so at least I get a smile out of it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.