CFS Very worried

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello dear friends, can anyone help me again, I had a brain operation a few years ago which has left me with problems as you know, well just lately I have noticed that were my scar is its seems to have sunk in more so the hole seems a lot bigger, my husband said that it is all in my head, but he wont feel it because it does feel horrible, which has been difficult to live with having a big hole, my hair hides it but it still makes me feel ugly, but my hairdresser came yesterday and she even noticed that it seemed different, I never said anything to her, she just came out with it, so it has left me worried, what should I do :cry:

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Cats Eyes :D

Oh that's a nuisance isn't it ? :?

It's probably absolutely fine but as you're concerned, and someone else has noticed it too, it's probably a good idea to get it checked by your (nice!!) GP,

He can always refer you back to the surgeon if he thought that was a sensible thing to do .. smile

Take care :cheerup:

• Posted

Hi cats eyes :D

Like Daisy I am quite sure that it is nothing to worry about. I would think that scar tissue covering an area like that on your poor old head is going to change shape a little when it hasn't actually got anything to support it sad

Again, I agree with Daisy and think it might be a good idea just to ask your GP to take a look ...... I am sure he will be able to reassure you.

I think we all tend to panic a bit when things in our bodies suddenly look or feel a bit different and we imagine all sorts of things :shock: But I feel quite sure that it is nothing serious, so try not to worry cats eyes smile

Take care

Katie xx :D

• Posted

oh poor you cats eyes it really is coming from all directions at once, isnt it? sad

as everyone has said im sure its fine, but do get it checked out for your own piece of mind.

good luck :hug:

Trees x

• Posted

Hello Cats eyes good advice given if your not sure get it checked out if only to reassure yourself try not to worry it will only make you feel worse sending hugs :cuddle: love Mo
  • Posted

Hi Cats Eyes, as the others said please go and get this looked at, if nothing else it will put your mind at rest :?

I'm quite sure it will be fine but any noticeable change should be checked out :wink:

• Posted

Thank you all again :lol: Since I was diagnosed with M E and found this website I feel like I have moaned a lot but it has been very difficult coming to terms with it all but I am so glad I found this forum, thanks dear friends, just wish people here around me would understand more and I will be going to doctors soon :hug:
  • Posted

cats eyes, i also wish everyone on here was around me in RL! smile im not convinced by my local group and although many of my friends and family have been supportive im not sure they all really understand this :?

it is an odd illness to get to grips with, especially as there's not much genuine medical knowledge on it. every time i go the clinic my therapist seems to stress how little we do actually know about it! great :roll:

• Posted

Yes, wouldn't it be lovely if we could have a cyber-meeting in RL ! :ok:

But at least we know we're all here and can have a moan, rant or worry when we need to :hug:

The worst thing is when you[b:620b91305a] think[/b:620b91305a] friends and family understand, and then someone says something so completely :bleep: and it makes you want to crawl away and scream sad

I think that's when I feel at my worst; you feel they should understand and then realise that for that moment at least, they really don't :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.