cha…cha…..changes….lol!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies...sorry it's been awhile since I have posted! feeling a bit of "empty nest'' which by the way I am not sure why but I hate the sound of that...lol! My middle son just left for college in NH which is about 2 1/2 hours away ...I know not that far but still miss him!! My oldest will go back to college soon also (40 minutes away) leaving our youngest (16yr) at home with us...it feels sooooo weird! By all means I am estastic that my boys are off doing great things but  I can't explain the feeling..it was real bad at first a bit panicky and you feel like you just want to cry for days...The past few days have been better. My question is......any mom's out there that have had similiar feelings and does it get easier..a little? 

thanks so much for your time!!!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa yes I've got this coming in the next few months, my son off to uni about 300 miles away and my daughter going next year about 100 miles, so yes I'm beginning to feel panicky especially first thing in the mornings x
    • Posted

It is a weird feeling...its a feeling of  worry, excitement, wonder, a change etc... and also maybe we feel we are  reliving our years at that age...I never went off to college just traveled a bit so I always feel excitied for those who take off at this age. All in all I try to bring it all together and realize that millions and millions of people are doing this and parents are going through it too and we all manage it. One thing for me is that I am going into my last year of RN school so I have enough to keep me busy that is for sure..lol! Thanks for your input!! Good luck with your two college bound ..the semesters go by fast and they will be visiting before you know it!
  • Posted

Hi lisa

Yes i felt that for at least 5 minutes 😃😃😃

No seriously i have two off spring, one is in London , i am in Spain, other one not too far, mine are older now, but as a mum of course you feel lost for a while, at least you still have one at home, they grow and you grow use to it .. Never stops you being concerned, thats all normal 

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks Jay!! There is that feeling of rejuevanating about yourself ...nice to hear it will become a common feeling soon and  yes I agree...the concern never leaves..lol!! 
  • Posted

I do understand! I raised 5....3 bio daughters and 2 stepsons that my husband had full custody of and I helped raise from 5 & 7 years old. The youngest just did graduate this past spring but she was an early graduate, 17, and has decided to stay at home this year and take a year off, get started in work etc. 

I cried and cried and cried when each of the kids left. I was happy for them so I didn't want them to see my sadness. My life for many many years (oldest is 33) was my kids, my home, family, husband. This past year I realized I had to do more for me and I was kind of lost at first but I have managed to find a life for myself.

I also find it interesting that my husband doesn't have the same feelings, not even for his bio sons. I have even asked and he tells me that he enjoyed them but he is glad they are on their own. I have not really understood that.

• Posted

Oh I know the feeling.  My daughter left for university so I started a small business and got myself a dog..  cheesygrin  my husbsnd can play more golf so he is happy.  Then this menopause hit me so stuck on the couch.   Get yourself sn iPad and join chats to keep busy til this phase is over.  Then another phase will be just around the corner.  It never ends. Nowadays with technology we always keep in touch.  Now she is going to college so moved back home to save money.  They always come back cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Dottie 

is that your little doggy on the pic .. 😃

hey... get golfing aswell i play its great fun..

havent played for ages as felt i wouldnt manage and wow surprised myself and played for 3 hours .. 

Jay xx

• Posted

twistedYes Jay my wee chihuahua who thinks she is a Rottweiler when people visit. twisted  Very embarassing.

I would golf but my balance is no good as I would be spending my days in the sand traps building sand castles.  biggrin  I love to watch men's golf on TV.  

Practice makes perfect as they say.  Good excercise and lots of vitamin D.

• Posted

oh Dottie

thats funny.. 😀 sand castles... 

my son and I have a new friend hes canadian he moved here a few months ago, he so nice ... and he plays golf, hes such a tonic and has humour like you and it suits us because we have same good humour, I saw him last weekend and he did make me laugh.....

so easy going and friendly 

Jayxx 

• Posted

Oh Marlene of course it's called Dots Gifts and Collectibles.   cheesygrin   I love Dots.  Dot is Dorothy my moms name too cheesygrin   Need any fashion jewelry?  I have a collection of everything imaginable dear.  It's all brand new too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.