Chalazion Blepharitis Natural remedies while on antibiotics

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys/gals, im new here !

so i had a chalazion in my left eye weeks ago and the resulting red bump went down without antibiotics, it went down greatly with salt washes, hot compresses coconut oil and using apple cider vinegar, still continues to go down but you can see where the bump has been if you know what i mean...

so fast forward about 6 weeks later my right eye starts swelling, i go to the eye infirmary and here i have it another chalazion this time on my right eye and its right under the eyelash, sent home to bathe it, fast forward a few days after that i notice a firm lump underneath my eyelid, then my lower eyelid starts feeling tender then i notice right in the corner of my eye is sore and is very sensitive everytime i close my eye and the whole upper eyelid now swollen and red...

so yesterday went back to the eye infirmary and got looked at at by the doctor, turns out i have 3 blocked glands, 2 in upper eyelid 1 in lower, however only one in the upper eyelid is sore and they have become infected all way round the eyelid....

i am on day 2 of antibiotic co- amoxiclav but i was wondering can i still use natural remedies to help soothe the inflammation like coconut and tee trea oil rubbed on the eyelid and also using apple cider vinegar diluted as an eyelid scrub?

ive somehow got it into my head if i use the natural remedies on my eye then it will stop the antibiotic from working....am i right or wrong here?

Lee

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You have my sympathy i had them a couple of years ago and it was hellish. Mine took a while but disappeared altogether. Fingers crossed yours will too. I now have my Blepharitis under control thanks to daily wiping with the Hilary Jones lid wipes. i do cheat a little though. i should use a fresh whole wipe every day but i wash hands and tear a bit off a wipe and put the remainder back in the sachet and fold it over and its proved to be fine for me. I'd definitely recommend them, but goodness knows why they make wipes so big and expensive. Good luck with yours

• Posted

thanks for the reply.... i guess my main question is while being on antibiotics for the infection would using natural remedies like coconut/tea tree oil in the eyelid cancel out the effects of the antibiotic?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.