Challenging day ahead ...

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi lovely people ...

for the ones who have been following me, today is the big moving day ... goodness ... just 9 months here and so much stuff accumulated ... 

looking back, this little house represents pain ... little house of pain, so to speak - right hip getting worse and worse, then THR surgery March 16, 2015, and left hip rapidly declining ... 

No help, unfortunately, so it was a Herculean task - 

but ..... I am moving on - 2 friends will come with their van and help me to ship out of here and move me in to my new place ...

I don't know what I would have done without you all ... lot of hours by myself but in loving company ....never felt lonely because of you ....

Okay,  still some stuff to do before they come ...

warm hug and thank you 

renee

4 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

good morning dear friends ...

thank you so much for your kind words and support - 

well, it is done !!! my 2 lovely friends came and packed up my stuff, put it in the van, and then unloaded - all boxes are herecry and waiting to be unpacked ... but hey, I am here and will take my time - 

it is a lovely little bungalow - a wee bit bigger perhaps than my previous one - better floor plan - and surrounded by trees - no cars allowed except Mondays and Fridays, so that will be interesting for me to get to my car ... it will be part of my exercise - 

And, this a biggie for me, I have a normal bed - instead of the narrow boxed-in bed, 2 single beds are pushed together, a mattras topper on top of it and it is heaven - my girlfriend made my bed ... and it is in a seperate bedroom too .... 

As for the pain .... good Lord - I thought I was going to faint at some point - once I sat down, I could barely get up again - my unoperated hip was the worst, but also the operated one protested ... 

I will take it easy today, no choice really - 

Different and good energy from trees here -

Thanks again for your love and support 

warm hugs to all of you

renee

• Posted

Welcome to your new home. Such benefits all ready . A double bed is great. You can have all your books etc beside you. And trees. Find your favourite and sit with your back to it for healing. There is a lovely poem called " let me grow lovely growing old" with a line in it that says ™ old trees have healing'" I loved that poem as a teenager never thinking it would relate to me one day. Plenty if pain meds for you today. And one wee bit of unpacking at a time.

Another hurdle over.

Blessings

• Posted

Welcome to your new home. I posted already but it was moderated I don't know why. Maybe because I put in a line from a poem!! Well such benefits already -- a double bed. Great to be able to have books etc at your side. And trees. Find your healing one.

Painkillers for you today Renee and one wee bit of unpacking at a time.

Blessings.

• Posted

I will - Also have grass around so I can ground myself, connect with mother Earth --- 

Yes, I will go slowly today - the operated hip joint is a bit throbbing - can feel the hardware in thigh and hip .... 

it is a gorgeous day, finally ---

enjoy yours, attractac 

• Posted

Hi attractac,

Regarding moderation and for info - there is a known issue where text without spaces between sentences are treated as links in some cases so get sent for mod. In this case it was day.plenty was trapped (and appears as a link here) so I edit a space in. It is an increasing issue due to phone/tablet etc usage and there is a fix in for this but if any "innocent" posts go for mod this will probably be the reason. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi renee

Glad you have landed in your new home and you are pleased with it.

I think maybe a chill out day or two to give your hips a chance to recover will be a good idea. Glad the bed situation is now resolved. You should be a lot more comfortable now too.. x :-)

• Posted

Good morning Hailea and others, 

I feel as if I have done 10 rounds of boxing and been knocked down - because of all this doing I forgot to refill my pain medication ... not good -

My operated hip hurts- this gnawing pain is sort of back ... on the side/front of hip ... feeling the hardware in hip and thigh bone ... 

Also a wee bit emotional and having pity-parties during the day ... being 67 years old and still like a rolling stone, moving from one place to another, you see .... poor me cry

it is going to be another lovely day here - 

Thank you all - 

warmest and biggest hug I can give to you

renee

Thank you again for you support - 

• Posted

Allow yourself a pity party but make sure you bring some of your favourite food and books to it. Write about your party it in pen so it is quick and no thinking.

I am seriously trying not to gain weight but I have had my daughter buy what we call a plain loaf here. Really nice crusty bread and real butter. I indulge when I am feeling down.

Another rainy day here so up and down the hallway again.

• Posted

Hey the idea of a pity party sounds lovely I may try that tomorrow. xxx
  • Posted

Good Morning Renne I am so glad your ok, thought about you all day yesterday. Wonderful that your in it doesn't matter when the boxes are unpacked, a bit at a time. Please take some pics of your new place it sounds lovely. Rest today and start again tomorrow. Love and hugsGill xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Renee

Well, you are in and that is the main thing!

Just unpack what you need to keep you going and try to rest today - all the other stuff can wait.

Your bungalow sounds lovely and yes, trees do give off good energy. I am surrounded by them in our garden with all the birds and squirrels that live in them.

Hope you have a lovely day exploring your new surroundings

God bless you

Linda xx

• Posted

morning Renee,

good luck with your move I really hope  iy all goes well, as they say moving is as tressfull as dying,  so sending you lots of good luck hugs!!

• Posted

hope your home and had a good night Lynne Love Gill xxx
  • Posted

Dearest Renee,

I wish I could help you...I would send my three sons + husband to move everything for you!!!! Take it easy, don't over do it...Let us know how you are getting on.

Best of luck for everything anf big hugs

Ella

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.