Chamomile

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just want to report on the success I'm having drinking chamomile tea, whilst quitting caffeine (in all its forms).

I've suffered with GAD since 2009, and tried everything to cure it without success.

I've been drinking chamomile since the new year and all my symptoms have gone, plus, its improved my blood pressure by 20+ points.

if you haven't tried it, give it a whirl, you've nothing to lose (but fear!)

Good health

Alex

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex

Thanks for the tip , not sure I can give up my morning Cappuccino but will try the chamomile as a replacement for the rest of my caffeine based drinks. What symptoms did you have ?

• Posted

HI

I agree, I drink 1 cup on a morning and 1 at lunch and 3 drinks from 7pm and I now sleep perfect. I think its ace!!!

John

• Posted

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies;

My symptoms were pretty much textbook; panic attacks, sweating, rage, fear, lightheadedness, depersonalisation... it goes on and on. I've even had burning (sensations) in my finger tips.

I've had my affliction since I was a child (13 I reckon), but it only manifested into something serious in 2009. I was working as a teacher and the stress just got on top of me.

Earlier this year, it was clear that anxiety was taking a more serious turn when I started having blood pressure problems. It was getting higher and higher, and of course it this started to drive a lot of health anxiety. Just when I was thinking that nothing could be done, I took a gamble on the camomile, and within a few days I had turned a corner.

I just feel grateful that I have turned a corner- I really did think I was married to this affliction for the rest of my life, but now I realise that it doesn't have to be this way. By the way, my BP is great now that I don't worry about it.

Best,

Alex

• Posted

Hi

I am not sure I was as bad, I had a few bad months when I lost my Grandma. But found Camomile 2 weeks ago and I am nearly back to normal (ish) now.

Normal fast heart, bad sleep, lack of concentration.

As well as lots of positive thinking and remember they are only symptoms sent from your brain, its not a real illness, you are not ill. Its your mind going overtime and your body reacting to it as it should if it was a proper fear. But its not a proper fear, you are creating it.

John

• Posted

Hi there,but at least we have this forum

Will have to try that tea,I don't think I agree it is not an illness because I think depression and anxiety are illnesses may be not physical although it can manifest into phsycal one vicious circle one brings on the other.They are only thoughts we know and I try and tell them to go away but that is easier said than done.But at least we have this forum which hopefully we can support each other.Take Care.

• Posted

Sorry my last line seems to have come out first,don't know what happend technology for you but as they say only as good as the operator and I am obviously useless.LOL
  • Posted

Thanks for the tea tip! Unfortunately I tried this a few years ago with nil effect over a 2 month trial.

Appreciate your interest though, and am grateful. XX

• Posted

Hi Alex

I discovered this tea a few months ago for GAD, and I agree with you it is brilliant smile

I still have a way to go be so much better now. I no longer drink caffeine at all or drink alcohol, though I do tend to be drinking a crazy amount of camomile tea.

Happy to have found someone else who thinks this herbel remedy works smile

• Posted

Hi Alex16569

I also was diagnosed with GAD in 2009 but suspect I have had it for much longer - this also tied in with clinical depression and so went through the whole panel of SSRI's to control the depression and anxiety. I have tried chamomile tea in the past but never really associated it with controlling anxiety. The main thing that stressed me was work, even the thought of going to work was stressful and I would feel physically sick every morning. I have been drinking chamomile tea again virtually every day for the last month and have noticed one thing - I no longer feel sick in the mornings and I am enjoying work again. Indeed, nothing seems to really phase me anymore. I certainly think there is a link between my well being and drinking this tea but cant guarantee it will work for all but what do you have to lose ? I leave a tea bag to stew for atleast 5 minutes to make sure all the goodness comes out and have read that the main ingredient apigenin mimics the bezodiazapine receptor so there you are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.