champix is a real winner

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have now been on these for 4 weeks and I cannot recommend them enough. I personally feel that they are a wonder drug!! This is my 3rd attempt at smoking cessation...the 1st being without any help, to no avail, the 2nd using patches and using an inhilator - I survived 2 weeks and was like a rottweiller with toothache!! However on these I have NOT even wanted a cigarette at all. Ive not had any craving whatsoever and have not even found myself eating more to compensate. I found that changing my routine in a morning was good too and instead of having a cigarette and a coffee in the kitchen I had a cup of tea in the living room (a room I didnt smoke in anyway) this was just for the first 2 weeks, Im now having my coffee in the kitchen again but without the cigarette! Please dont be fooled though, it hasnt been easy from a habit point of view and I do still think about smoking now and again but those thoughts are not cravings. I am now also able to enjoy alcohol again without worrying about wanting to smoke. These are just great and if youre determined and really want to stop smoking then these are for YOU.

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm good time to try champix one more time.... and your welcome smile
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I First need to discuss all this with my GP, I'm taking succesfully Selingro for my drinking habbit and feel great, maybe it' even time to kick all my bad habbits for once and for all.

Anny expierience would be welcome,

Good night.

Escar

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Only thing I found when I was taking it was strange dreams, and not to take with out food. I quit for 4 months but.... I did not finish the program, so when I do it again I will finish it smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

After 40 years of heavy smoking it was time for champix due to poor health, now about to start my 4th week on the tablet. I was not that focused  at the start and my will power was down bet hey ho started the champix. After day 7 i stopped smokeing and it was a walk in the park, people asked me if i still got cravings and after giving it some thought i said no, as i realized the fancy of a smoke i was having from time to time was not a craving or any think like it.

After just 3 weeks my breathing had improved beyond belife and ive gone from just about able to walk up the driveway to cliff top walks. During this first 3 weeks i have been sourrounded by smokers and heavy ones at that and not needed a single puff.

Now just about to enter into week 4 and the days are getting harder and nagging at me, strange realy to get your first craving 4 weeks latter and if i had hair i would be pulling it out tonight lol. My health improvments over the last few weeks are far better than a smoke tonight and i will come out the other end smileing.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done after 40yrs I gave up with champix and have not smoked since oct 2013.

Its not been a walk in the park you will need more willpower to give up the habbit and even now i still fancy one but will never go down that road again.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you . Its good to hear from someone who has made it. i  wont be going back to smokeing no matter how much it nags at me as i have already started to enjoy things i was unable to do before more than  smokeing. i think its a must to pre plan what to do in times of stress or worry when everyone wants to reach for the cigs, last night was a nightmare and joining the fighters on here went some way to helping.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I delt with the habbit gremlins buy eating more and sweets and yes i new i would put on some extra weight but my plan was not to worry myself with that as I planed to exercise and eat more healthy once I cracked the smokeing. 

So im at that stage now smokeing days behind me and i can now exercise without getting out of breath and enjoy long walks with my dog,so dont worry about a bit of extra weight  your be as fitt as puppy once your health inproves and beleave me it will. Good luck and let me know how it goes from time to time.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

all good to quit smoking been on champix for a month now smoke free 2 weeks and feelin pretty depressed how the hell does anyone deal with the no dopamine? nothing makes me very happy anymore
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up