Chanca Piedra, does it work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have experience using this herb to prevent stones and/or make current ones easier to pass? I'm reading mixed reviews and wondering if it's just snake oil? The people reviewing it on Amazon mostly rave about it, which makes me wonder if the sellers have anything to do with the reviews. It sounds too good to be true, but if it did help prevent them, I would give it a shot.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used it during my water bender back in October, while trying to pass that stone. I think I started too late. I believe the stone was already stuck at that point. It does sound like a miracle supplement though. I still have some left and will use it up.
  • Posted

I am new with this Kidney Stone issues. It started 3.5 weeks ago. I was taking Flomax, Chanca Piedra and Naproxen Sodium 550mg since the second day.  Starting my third week the pain seemed to disappear for 4 days (although I didnt see a stone in the strainer) and I thought I was stone free, But the pain started again today. 

At this point looks like Chanca Piedra hasnt worked for me but I am still taking it. 

Chanca Piedra worked for my brother, he passed the stone in just 3 days. So I guess it works different for each person. 

I replaced Naproxen for suplements with turmeric root, Holly basil Leaf and Ginger Root. It is really working to ease the pain, even better than Naproxen. 

• Posted

Yes it works.  It grows where I live, I harvest it and make a tincture or a tea and take it whenever I feel a twinge in my kidneys.  It takes anywhere from 48 hours to 1 week to dissolve a stone.  The key to effective use is to take a dose every 2 to 4 hours until you pass the stone and to drink plenty of water.  It also helps to put a heating pad over the area that hurts, it will help calm a renal or ureter spasm.  Ive been dealing with kidneystones since 1992 and had many surgeries to remove.  I discovered chanca piedra in 2008 and have not had a surgery since.
  • Posted

I also read all the reviews on Amazon and tried it. It didn’t work for me. I don’t know if it was because of the size and location of my stone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.