Chanca Piedra luck? Had this stone almost a year...

Posted , 2 users are following.

In January they said it was 7mm and too big to pass. They required my $5500 deductible up front with no payment options to blast it. That kind of money is no option for me. My pretty consistent pain is in my back right side, groin/ abdomen and mainly in my right testicle. There are days where the pain is pretty bad. Almost ER but I think I might pull through and they won't help me unless I'm dying anyways. I had a few decent pain pills given to me to help and that was the only thing that helped. Hydrocodone. And drinking lots of water and pounding this chanca piedra gives me hope after reading some success stories. I'm worried my right testicle or kidney may have permanent damage after hurting this long and the pain hasn't gone away. I'm hoping the damn stone is at least eroding with this stone breaker stuff I'm taking and getting smaller so I can pass one day. Started taking the chancre piedra six months ago every now and then. Started religiously hammering it a few weeks ago. Any help at all would be amazing. It feels actually kinda hopeful that I found this thread that at least I can find others that share this horrible thingy and they may have success stories and/or positive advice. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're In pain the biggest concern is getting a uti or kidney infection since Iran most likely stuck which is no good!! I mean no good if it's stuck in your ureter that could cause a lot of problems... I speak from experience I7 mm is highly unlikely to pass on it's own but here some advice from one kidney stoner to another... drink lemon juice in your water like the stuff that comes in the lemon bottles? LOL the acid helps break down the stone... drink a glass of orange juice every morning! And for pain baths are life savers!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply sometimes I worry I might be lowering my life span by not being able to remove this stone! I have been buying the organic cold pressed lemon juice from Whole Foods and mixing it with a dash of olive oil. Maybe I should drink more than once a day? I pee blood every week. For some reason the pain is much more tolerable today than yesterday. Guess I keep taking it day by day, year by year until something happens! Any one else have advice or success stories using the chancre piedra? 
  • Posted

Just out of curiosity have tried a different urologist? Called around to see if someone would help if you're peeing blood that's not good! And permanent damage could result from a kidney stone blocking your ureter, also iris and even sepsis it is very serious if it gets stuck in your ureter I have 3 kidney stones that thankfully have not moved down into the ureter yet but every once in a while I get a little pain when it moves in the kidney! Best of luck to you! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.