Chances of getting HSV 1/2? Advice needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

A year ago, I had sex with 3 prostitutes on the same night (I was really stupid and desperate). I used a condom with all of them, but one of them really kissed me deeply for a minute or two.

I got tested 6 months after and was cleared of all the STIs (HIV, chlamydia etc. ) and was relieved that my stupid mistake did not cost me life altering disease. I did not know at the time that STI clinic never test for Herpes.

Now i am freaking out that i might have contracted a Herpes. I had no bisters around my lips or genitals in the past year. Just a burning on my lip and sometimes intching in groin in winter, but no blisters so far.

Is there a 100% chance that i have contracted herpes??

Please advise

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

no there is not a 100% chance u have herpes as they might not have even have had herpes plus herpes is not life altering i have hsv1 and have had no issues

• Posted

also wearing a condom does not protect u from herpes or genital warts because a condom only protects the skin up to the base of the penis and not any surrounding skin such as the testicles or groin area were contact is made whilst having sex

• Posted

Thanks a lot for the reply kim16265.

Psychologically i have been a mess for last 4 weeks. Should i get tested for hsv 1/2 ?

Also, is it typical for symptoms to not show up for a year when you contract herpes?

• Posted

I consulted a doctor regarding testing but he told me that nearly all of us have antibodies of hsv in our bodies, so testing won't really help!

• Posted

u should wait until u have symptoms of herpes because testing whilst having no symptoms of the virus will most often lead to a negative test result unless u have sores/blisters /sore skin theres no point to testing

• Posted

if you feel a tingling sensation or if you feel like you have the need to scratch your lips..then you may but it is also very common for the virus to live in your body for years without knowing or any symptoms...always better to get tested to know for sure

• Posted

doctors don't test for herpes unless you have symptoms. if they didn't feel it was important to test you or recommended that you do. you have nothing to worry about. also herpes isn't that bad. the stigma around it is terrible...its worse than the virus itself. think of it as an annoying rash that wont go away. bit the likely hood that you have it is slim to none although condoms don't protect against it. if you have any open sores on your genitals then they could test that just to put your mind at ease. herpes also doesn't show up for a while. Some people with HSV 1 or 2 may never show symptoms. maybe a break out from time to time but not everyday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.