Change anticoagulant

Posted , 2 users are following.

anyone tried apixaban and had anxiety/depression/fatigue/insomnia?

considering going back to warfarin has anyone done that?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes ii have but it gets better with time.
    • Posted

Thatt would be great, do you think time will help the fatigue, insomnia and depression?   Was your dosage 2.5 mg twice daily? I am very anxious to start with and this isnt helping.
    • Posted

Mine was 5mg twice a day. Yes the insomnia and stuff may go away. Talk to your doctor about an anti anxiety medication. It helps me.
    • Posted

Yes, dr gave me diazepam but didnt think the insomnia was coming from apixaban - all i know is that it came when i changed from warfarin, did you use warfarin and change, or straight on to apixaban?  I also think iade me feel more depressed, i am looking for others who have had that experience
    • Posted

I went straight to apixaban. Ive gotten depressed and anxious on it. Tired a lot too. Buut i believe its just normal side effects. It gets better the longer your on. But i still get tired. I got the om to atop it but im afraid too. Sso i emailed my doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.