Change from fluoxentine to Duloxetine. Does it make sense ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi , I took fluox for 3 months. Depression no more . But weight gained 5kg. Poor sleep quality. Tinnitus with water wave sound in ears.

Then I withdrawed from fluox. Things went normal for three weeks. Then I got nausea, headache, backpain, fatigue. Went to do fu blood test and everything come back normal.

I retook Amitriptyline, things got normal again.

I visited psy doc again today. She prescribed Duloxetine 30mg

Is there anyone here who have tried dulox ?

Does it make sense to take Dulox now ?

I got nil depression now except serious back pain , nausea, generally unwell feeling. My blood chk, thyroid chk, cholesterol, liver, kidney everything normal.

Frustrating.

Peter

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Peter

I take duloxetine, started at 30mg and gradually increased to maximum dose of 120mg. My psychiatrist put me on it 3 months ago as my depression causes a lot of physical symptoms, pain, nausea etc and duloxetine is supposed to be very effective at helping with the physical symptoms too. It HAS helped with the physical symptoms but sadly I've yet to see an upturn in my mood.

Good luck, I hope it brings you some relief...

• Posted

Hi lucy, many thanks ! I will give it a try then. I have pain, nausea, malaise. If I dont have these, then my mood would not be so irritated. I have no depression anymore, my depression was cured by fluoxentine.

I checked Duloxetine is eight times more expensive than fluox. It should be better than

Have you tried rivotril ? It stablize my mood quite well.

Peter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.