Change in area of pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm 5 weeks into my hysterectmoy, had a few issues afterwards i.e. urine infections, ecoli infection, reaction to antibotics. I haven't felt 100% since but for the last three days, have been experiencing pain higher up in the tummy, most uncomfortable so I went back onto cocodamol. I also have a discharge so have telephoned GP for an appointment. Has anyone experienced these changes of pain. Best wishes to you all.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That pain relief is prone to causing constipation so make sure you are drinking plenty and having lots of fresh fruit and veg. I imagine at this point it's the internal stitches tightening up. That seems rather strong drugs for this stage. Just paracetamol should suffice.

• Posted

Thanks Robyn, luckily I haven't experienced constipation as I take Laxido each day and drinkingmore water than I did before surgery. I did go to the Docs and she feels it's another infection so on 2 antibiotics, hopefully this will be the end of it, be good to feel well again. Hope all is well with everybody in their recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.