Change in body odour ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello! has anyone experienced a change in body odour during peri ? im 42 and think im a couple of years into this, and recently ive been waking up and smelling my pjs and thinking i must have put my husbands on - because they smell like a man !? not pleasant, but compared to other symptoms not a big deal - im just having to double up on deodorant! - interesting though, anyone else experienced this ? im still getting periods but they are lighter, clottier and browner - so not sure what stage im at!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I was at that stage my deodorant starting failing and I couldn't find one that worked!

It's gotten better though. It's like going thru puberty all over again.

When I saw this one doctor and was telling him all about how sick I was, he said to me, "you sound like my teen patients".

• Posted

I noticed it as well. Doubled up on deodorant and that helped. I have noticed my hair gets greasy and is very wavy again - just like it was during puberty.

• Posted

yep my hair is so kinky, im scraping it back into a bun every day and have started flattening it down with spray, just like i did as a teenager! hate it!

• Posted

This happened to me too. Strong underarm body odor, no matter what type of deodorant I used! But, it eventually passed. No more strong BO. I just use my regular deodorant and all is fine now.

• Posted

thanks so how long did it last and how long was into the process ? hoping im nearing the end pr at least through the worst - anxiety is a daily struggle atm and just want to feel normal again 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.