Change in bowel movements, any advice appreciated

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently noticed a change in my bowel movements that has lasted for approx 2 weeks. The changes are as follows:

Increase in number of movements approx 3-4 per day from 1 previously.

Wet inconsistent light brown stool similar to diarrhea with a vial smell.

As of today I have passed what appear to be stones that are light brown and almost perfectly round about 1cm in diameter.

I am of slim build exercise regularly and eat a fairly healthy diet so don't think weight or diet is a contributing factor.

Any advice on whether I should get this checked or what is likely to be causing it would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi james42003

You may have irritable bowel syndrome....you don't mention cramping or pain with alternating stools...so might not be IBS..keep a food diary and check what foods may be causing your changeable bowel movements...if it continues go see your doc...best wishes..

• Posted

Maybe IBS. However, if you have had no pain and you think you passed stones, see your doctor.  

• Posted

Also have you eaten anything you wouldn't usually eat?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.