Change in breast size

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently noticed one breast has become a bit larger than the other and is sitting noticibly lower than the other. Any advice.....is this quite normal? I'm 49yrs old. Don't want to feel silly going to a Dr with it if it's perfectly common! Any guidance is greatfully received 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Isabel....taking your age into account I think this is probably as a result of pre menopause hormone fluctuation and it happens quite often. 

Only you will know if the sizes are very much different so a visit to your doctor would probably put your mind at rest.

If you are in UK you will be called for a mammogram at 50 but dont wait for that if you are worried.

• Posted

Hi Marina, thank you for your response. Hadn't considered that theory and it actually makes perfect sense. I am peri-menapausal. I have no other symptoms, so I'm sure this is the case, but I'm keeping a close eye on things Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.