Change in meds

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had been on citalapram for 4 months then went off, was off for 3 months. Turned out I did need to be on it, went to Dr and I was put on Escitalapram, trying to find out what the real difference is?? Dr said it starts to work faster and Pharmacist said its stronger! Can anybody enlighten me? I've been on 10 mg for 7 days and aside of having a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep all night, I feel great!! Thanks😀

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what that is? sounds like the same thing. It's new? What were you feeling before you went on it? I am trying to figure out if cital is working or not for me. Glad you are feeling better
    • Posted

David it's Lexapro (Escitalapram) versus Celexa (citalapram). I just get down in the dumps and alcohol is my go to. I was on the citi and when I went to the Dr she put me on this other med, she said it starts working in like 2 weeks, for me it seemed to help right away. That's why I'm wondering what else besides being stronger is different and if anybody else is on this? I can say it seems better than citi to me, although very early stage yet!! Just hope I keep feeling this awesome for a long time! Maybe ask Dr about Lexapro?
    • Posted

I have been on cital 40 mg for close to 10 years. All of a sudden, last 2 months, it doesn't seem to be working I find it strange. I am also told it is just a blip but not getting better higher anxiety
    • Posted

And 40 mg is as high as u can go also, maybe somehow your body is just so used to it, like I said I was on 20 mg of citi and with the 3 months not on any meds and now on the 10 mg on Lexapro and I'm almost giddy I feel so dang good. And only on 7 days! Sorry to hear your struggles, it gets very frustrating! I hope u ask your Dr and u come up with a solution soon!!
    • Posted

I have an appt this Thursday with he Dr. I am hoping as well. Thanks
  • Posted

I believe that is lexapro. It's about twice as strong st celexa
    • Posted

Yes, it's Lexapro, I was just wondering other than being stronger, if that's the only thing , just wondering why Dr didn't just up my citi from 20 mg to 30 mg! I'll have to ask Dr. Well it's working great so I guess that should be good enough!! Thanks for replying😀
  • Posted

I've heard of it and think a few people on this site are taking it.  It's another type of SSRI and just reading up on it, it does seem to work quicker.

K x

• Posted

Do you know how the change went from Citaloprame to lexapro?
    • Posted

I went of citi in May, I thought I was A O K, well I was for 3 months then had a two week set back, which was I had a couple beers which then gives me an I don't give a sh*t attitude for two weeks. That's when I got my butt back to the Dr. I did not ever want to go back on this stuff but I really needed to, so she put me on the Lexapro, like I said the only side effect was the sleep pattern. Now I have the energy and great attitude, no desire for a drink. If it is suppose to work faster I wonder why more people aren't on it versus citi which takes a couple months. Although I know everyone is different, and I'm sure there are a lot of people on Lexapro also!
  • Posted

Hi Beth, I think you are on the same as me. I have felt it has helped me so much but if you are having problems with it make sure you tell your GP, there are options. Don't suffer when you don't need to. Good wishes. Ange xx
    • Posted

Hi, so far it has also helped me so much so far! How long have u been on Lexapro?
    • Posted

I have been on Citalopram for 10 years, the only problem I had was when they changed it to a cheaper one. I could not do without it now. Talk to your GP and tell him how you feel. They are only humans like us. Good UK Hun x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.