Change in Migraine Frequency

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had silent migraines all my life but usually the frequency is may be 1 per month or every 2 months. Lately though I have been getting them frequently. In the last month I had 5 of them some 2 days in a row. They disappear within 10 to 15 minutes with no pain only zig zag lines which disappear in 15 minnutes. Then I am normal. I am 64 years old. I also completely retired 2 months ago. Should this change be considered serious? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deepak

I would definitely get yourself checked out.  I personally get between 6-10 attacks per month, lasting 5-6 hours and that is the norm for me, but if things have suddenly changed from the norm then it may be nothing, but isn't it worth looking further into it??

It's possible it could be because of your sudden change in routine after working all your life and now you're chilling out, so hopefully it'll settle down in a few more months, but I would think about a visit to your GP in the first instance.

Good luck and happy retirement

YL

• Posted

Dear deepak

I never suffered theae until I reached 51 and had the odd attack for a few months and then they stopped, they started up again last year and I have them every month, sometimes perhaps one or two but last month about six and then they can come quite close together. I had a brain mri on my request although the neurologist didnt seem that concerned, everything on the scan came back normal and the doctor said I could take beta blockers but im not sure about taking them.

• Posted

Thanks so much.

Since these Silents have been exactly same as all my previous Silents just the number has increased and like Yorkshirelass said the timing matches with my Retirement, I am going to wait and see for a few weeks. They just disappear after 15 minutes. No pain.

• Posted

Yes for peqce of mind get them checked out, mine too last about 15-20 mins with sometimes mild over eye pain. I know some triggers like light (sun /phone /fluorescent lights) rose wine/stress /lack of sleep sometimes I know what triggers them sometimes I dont. I know alot of ladies in menopause start to get them (mine started then too) I recently was on a cruise and met a very young 82 year old lady on our table who said that she gets them too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.