Change in position moves stones?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced if they move a certain way it seems to make their kidney stones start to move? When I bend forward I can feel my stone start moving. It's like it's literally pushing it along by moving that way. Curious if anyone else has had this happen.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not exactly as you describe but I think my stone does move around a bit.

Sarah

• Posted

Wow. After dealing with a stuck stone, if I were you, I would try to see this as an advantage. I drank several gallons of water over a 3 day period. I did this twice actually. Then I found out that my stone only moved 2cm along the ureter. I was so disappointed....I don't know how big your stone is, but if it's able to pass on it's own, I would chug the water, and get it out since it likes to move anyway. Just my opinion. In any case, I hope it resolves for you soon.

• Posted

Thanks. I actually have quite a few in both kidneys, so doesn't really help to get them out. More just keep coming along and it takes me so long to pass just one. I envy the people who have one bout of pain and the stone comes out. That has NEVER happened for me. I hope your stones resolve as well!

• Posted

I am so sorry you have to deal with so many stones. I hope that improvements in medicine will come along soon that help people like you who have chronic stones. I'm hoping that mine was my only stone. Although, thinking back, I think I may have passed smaller ones spontaneously. When I read about people like you, I just feel so badly for your situation. My ordeal lasted about 5 weeks, and it was the worst time of my life. I am terrified about the possibility of more stones. The pain was so excruciating because of one little stone that wouldn't pass. I couldn't work and after the stent was put in, it was uncomfortable to wear pants because of the dang string protruding. It's more like fishing line! I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.