Change in symtoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

My period is currently 46 days late, the longest it has been late so far. With it seem to be different symptoms, I have got used to the anxiety, lightheadedness, palpatations and panic attacks and can control them much better now. The new symptoms are extreme tiredness during the day even though i'm sleeping better at night, neck and shoulder ache, feeling either extremely hot or extremely cold. I'm hoping this is the next chapter and I can learn to live with these too! Everyday I wonder what is round the corner. Can anyone else relate? How have your symptoms changed? x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline, I just went 57 days...the worst symptoms the whole time. Now 1 week post period and some things have calmed a little. I am freezing all of the time at the moment...but then feel like I cannot breath if I wear an extra layer. I have raynauds...so my fingertips turn funny colors when I am cold. My GI issues have been in full swing today for some reason. I am up around 6 am, then yawning my head off everyday around 2 pm. My ears ring everyday at 2 pm also....so weird. I am on a med for migraines...so it could be that too. Fast asleep by 9 pm. Change of season too...gets dark and cold here so early.

• Posted

Hi Lou, really understand what you mean about the extra layer, I wore a jumper with a high neck yesterday and felt like it was choking me I had to take it off, never felt like that before. I felt so cold today I had to get into bed and try to warm up its so frustrating, I get the ear ringing which seems to be a common thing in perimenopause even though the medical profession don't agree! Hope we are both coming to the end of this nightmare soon x

• Posted

I agree! I just started BCP...day 4...went to the store today and drove around the last couple days like a big girl...ha, ha... fingers crossed xx

• Posted

hi caroline - thats how i feel about wearing a bra...i cant stand it anymore! it feels like its restricting my breathing & its one of those stretchy bralets - weird, eh?

• Posted

I get that hot/cold feeling all the time, never know how to dress so now I wear layers... my feet are always freezing though. I agree with you about the ear ringing, it started along with other peri symptoms yet my doctor doesn't believe it's peri related. hope this ends soon for all of us. Glad to be on this forum, at least we understand each other and it's comforting to hear I'm not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.