Change in weather shingles

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI all....when I first started getting shingles I noticed it was when the weather changed, from spring into summer and fall into winter, I have followed everything on shingles, but I am worrying sick I will be forced to take val cyclo virtual everyday forever, if I ignore ghis if turns into z stabbing debilitating back pain shooting under my right breastbone, I can't believe I can continue with large amounts if valcyclvir without destroying my kidneys, also I am now immune to zcyclovir....the pain is horribly debilitating..I am still paying for a bout in emergency last october...in which they refused to diagnose me, thank God I came home and took a valcyclvir just by chance and figured it out the hard way..please help me everyone

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi dana,

Sorry for your suffereing. On this site, we are all shingles sufferers. I have had PHN nerve pain seven months. My life now is defined by nerve pain so I know what you're going through. First, worrying/stress only makes shingles and pain worse. So, I know it's hard, but try to find ways to relax. Since it seems like all the prescription medication isn't really helping you, maybe you should try adding alternative ways to ease your discomfort and stress. There are many suggestions on this site from all of us for supplemental ways to lessen shingles suffering. Please read through some of the many posts on the post shingles nerve pain forum.

• Posted

Hi Dana:

I have also had shingles since this January. I have been on gabapentin, cymbals, amatriptaline, perc 5, tramadols. I have used lidocaine patches, aloe Vera gel, diclofenac gel (which burns terribly) and finally pennsaid gel. The pennsaid is phenomenal and stops pain instantly. However, when they gave it to me ..they forgot to tell me that if you have heart problems not to use it. Also, my insurance ..united health will not cover it. So for 15 little packets (1 dose) is $2600. Yes &2600 dollars. My left breast and underarm is completely swollen. So now on aug 2 and 16 they are going to do an intercostal nerve block..however, I know that is not going to take the swelling down. I do use lotion to Soothe at night, but is sticky

• Posted

Dana,

Ask for Famciclovir! It works better for me, as well!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Merry I am on valcyclovr, now..I am in fear of being bedridden forever...and worried about ruining my kidneys
    • Posted

Merry have u tried BHT .? Oplease google bht and shingles ty dana
  • Posted

Deborah wow that's a eye opener...I'm still dealing with primary cares who don't get it..on August 30 I will meet with pain management

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.