Change meds

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi haven't been on here for a while but im back . Been on cit for 2nd time since feb this year started on 20mg went down to 10mg , yesterday evening i had i suppose a bad blip i went back up to 15mg today . The nausea and hot flushes are terrible my doc suggested changing to a different one but im afraid to and i have been relatively good on cit . Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hello

im no expert but i thought 10mg was just an introductory dose amd that for long term effect for anxiety and dwpression u need to be on at least 20mg for at least 6 months for it to work . so cud be u had a set back coz the dose is too low . im not a health professional but from feedback ive seen people tend to have a few more setbacks on 10mg . also as u upped ur dose even by 5mg ur body will respond to it amd u will have mild or worse side effects for first couple of weeks . hope that helps !!!! ?? take care

• Posted

Nope, 10mg is equally effective. It may not work as quickly as a higher dose, but it will have less side effects and yes, you can recover on 10mg. Am on 10mg myself for second time and doing well 😊

• Posted

Hi Michelle,why are you playing with your dosage,as every time you change your dosage ,you are very likely to get side effects from changing dosage all the time,.If you want to get the best help by using citrolopram ,you must stay on 1 dosage for 6/8 weeks.

• Posted

i have been on 20mg since feb went down to 10mg which was what i was on before the 2 nd episode which was caused through a reaction to antibiotics .

• Posted

hi michelle. I can only tell you of my personal experience. I was on cit for 6 months (4th time so I knew it worked for me). this time it was not to be so after 6months if ups and downs dr changed me to sertraline, to say I was scared was an understatement! however I knew I had to do something to get back to normal so read all the negative side effects, armed myself with all the extra meds to counteract them and went for it. that was just over 4 weeks ago, today I am taking my grandson out to a theme park, I have not had any days off of work in the last 4 weeks, I am happy to be on my own, I can drive and supermarkets no loner hold any fear for me. side effects have been mini ones and I wish that I had been brave enough to switch weeks ago. so you have a choice, wait and see if things get better or change meds, only you can decide but just thought I would share my experience to let you know sometimes it is fear of the unknown that holds us back. good luck with whatever you decide to do x

• Posted

thanks this is helpful it just so scary isnt it i dont think i van go back to how i was before

• Posted

just because you have a bad blip dosage changes aint going to make you feel any better on the contrary you will feel worst.dosage changes are good when you are weaning off the medication .

• Posted

so do i go back up to 20mg and stay on it instead of trying to go back to ten . do u think its wise to change meds or stick with cit

• Posted

go back to ten.and dont change meds.a loser dose is just as good.i recovered on ten.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I think you should see it for what it is ie a blip caused by reaction to antibiotics.

I'd stay at 10mg, as it sounds as if you were fine there until the antibiotics.

Antibiotics can cause some of us to feel depressed and anxious. I have had that reaction.

Rather than change dose I'd stay at 10 and concentrate on getting your gut health better. Antibiotics wipe out all your gut flora and fauna, including good ones, and there's a lot of research now showing the link between gut and brain.

Your gut is basically like your second brain.

You could take some probiotics, or eat fermented food such as sauerkraut, drink kefir..... If you don't like those, then just concentrate on having a really good fruit and veg heavy diet. Don't have any alcohol for a while. I bet if you concentrate on replenishing yourself in this way, you'll begin to feel better.

Increasing dose is just gonna bring side effects, and if you know what made you blip, it's almost certain that it will right itself again.

Have had a similar thing happen recently. Mine was a reaction to a supplement.

• Posted

HI Michelle,

You've helped me so much this spring with my antibiotics and my nightmare with my teeth. I'm still on 10 mg and now doing great. Remember I did have a so many freaking side effects. I thought I was losing my mind. If I were you I'd go to 10 and stay there. It will be a roller coaster for a little while but you know this drug works well. My heart goes out to you.......

Will

• Posted

hi Will

Nice to hear from you again glad u r doing so well . My sister keeps telling me to come off the tablets as they ate the reason that im ill and making me feel a failure for being on them. Im hoping to get back to normal in a couple of days

• Posted

hi everyone

i have gone back to 10 mg feeling crap today but hopefully i can back to normal within a few days . I trying my best to stay positive doing my breathing exercises etc i just seem to have the nausea and loss of appetite back so hopefully will pass .It just so annoying i seem to be doing so well and it comes out of the blue no warning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.