Change of circumstance

Posted , 3 users are following.

As from the jan 2016 my esa went up due to being placed in the support group and on pip.

I rang the council and told them but they said they needed the letter before they could note it.

I have after 2 months received my letter.

But im worried now that i will owe money as its been 2 months do dwp automatically contact the council regarding a change

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes they do sweet. When I got all my letter I rang my local council to tell them and they knew before I did for both my esa and pip.
    • Posted

Thank god for that lol the stupid postman put the letter in next door neighbours house and shes been in hospital ive only just got it and it was sent in feb thank you for that.

Ive just rang pip also because ive been put in the support group as i have limited mobility and pip have me on standard rate mobility CAB say to send the letter off and it should change my pip

• Posted

Hi. looking at what you are saying about ESA & PIP. If the descriptors are the same, then your"e points should be the same, mmm. Will have to dig out my paperwork from my last battle with the ESA system. 
    • Posted

Pip have told me that just because im on support group esa doesnt automatically change the pip desicion i can send the paper work in stating im in support group but pip would have to do a reconsideration and i couldnt go through that again my nerves were shot last time. I was told to send in my esa medical report but i didnt get one and esa say they have to get permission from maximus to release it
    • Posted

Hi. I won my last ESA appeal in 2014.  ( i got 0 points initialy) it took five months and was adjourned twice. ATOS were not coming up with the goods the appeal court wanted. I did not get a revised points list  the tribunal  though. I got another assessment in mid April. Not looking forward to it. Was thinking they going to take points away. But i don"t know what points for what i got now anyway.
  • Posted

Hi. The council do get to know about it. I lost myPIP this week and few days later had council letter stateing they know my circumstances have changed. Even though it"s in the Mandatory Recon Stage. Would you happen to know how often ESA assessments come arround!  thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.