Change of hrt and bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on femoston tablets for several years, with monthly bleeding, prior to starting was finished periods. Now femoston isn't available, and as I'm 56 the doctor has prescribed a continuous combined hrt which I don't know when to start taking, as I took my last femoston six days ago, got the usual monthly bleed, which usually is finished today but now showing no sign of stopping...... so can I start the continuous combined or have to wait til bleeding stops? Any advice appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Fermeston is still available depending on what one you have been prescribed. Presumably the doc has given you fermeston conti which is available. I would start it straight away and it should stop your bleeding. Have a look on the websites Menopause matters and British Menopause for availability.

Any doubt ask your doctor but they wouldn't have given you it if you couldn't start it straightaway.

• Posted

Hi thank you, well I have been given a different one called Kliovance, as they just said there's manufacturers problem with femoston, told same at the chemists as they couldn't do my prescription, but I will start new one, many thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.