Change of manufacturer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone used fluoxetine by Aurobindo pharm?

I'm always skeptical changing manufacturers but my pharm does not have the ones I was taking.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

They all have different inactive ingredients, and different colors, and sometimes different dosages.... 20% different in either more or less of the actual fluoxetine medicine. I personally have tried aurobindo and it did not work well for me, but it may work for you. Since they stopped manufacturing the Sandoz brand I have tried several different generics with no success, so I now take the brand name Prozac and it works well for me.

• Posted

hi heather ive tried other floxetine before but not the one u mentioned i kept telling my gp they were different from the prozac i was given and he didnt believe me.but i proved him wrong and now i insist on getting the proper prozac its because of the price difference and also the ingredients vary from different manufactorers.hope u can sort this because it can make a lot of differnce to the meds for u.bazza x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.