Change of medication

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been diagnosed with RA for four years, I have been on combination drugs since first diagnosed with Steroids, now my bones are thining and I have increased pain in many joints, my consultant has now suggested putting me on Adalimumab injections, wondering if anyone is on this and if so how is it working for them.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

this is also known as Humira .( trade name)

i am on another biologic and can honestly say it has made a world of difference .Pain and swelling reduced to a level where I hardly notice them- still some fatigue though. 

Are you having adcal supplements (calcium and vit d) to offset osteoporosis? I was put on them by one rheumy when I started steroid tablets .

Hope someone else on the forum can give you more personal response about this specific biologic.

• Posted

Sorry you in a lot of pain.I too on steroids for 4 years n lots of others .still struggling and have tried 3 biologics including Humira.what one doesn't work for one person it will be massive help for another. I hope it works for you let is know how you get on
  • Posted

I too am on Humira.  I don't feel like it is working very well for me.  I have an appointment with my Rumy this week and am going to talk to her about maybe changing it.  I am not at all sure what else is out there but need to find something.  I hope you have good luckwith the Humira and don't be afraid to tell your doctor if it is not working.
    • Posted

Sorry treatment is not working well, thank you for your advice good to know there are alternatives. Hope all goes well for you.
  • Posted

Hi. I am on Remicade for more than 10 years (20 years with RA). It is working perfect with me. No more pain. I feel like a normal person most of the time. But, as other people told you, one medicine could work on one person, but maybe has no effect on other person. Before Remicade I tried more than 10 years with different medicines. You have to be patient and keep trying. Be veeeery positive about your future. Sometimes this disease seems like an unfair punishment, but it is not. Best luck to you 
    • Posted

Great you have found the right treatment and for your advice.

How right you are it does seem like an unfair punishment at times. 

I just tell myself to "Keep calm and carry on"

• Posted

Well I saw my Rhymatologist this past week to talk about the Humaria.  She has decided to put me on Orencia.  Has anyone been on this this and can you tell me how it works.  I know it is an  infusion.  Would love any information.  Again thank you.  Michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.