Change of Medicine for Hypertension

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am 31 Female, I was taking a very low dosage of Hyper Tension medication for last 3 years . Looks like i had a high Heart rate and doctor made me start this medication.

Drug was Bisoprolol  - 2.5 MG daily.

Since i have planned for starting my family, Doctor has advised not to take this Drug and replaced with labetalol 100 MG morning and Evening.

From the time i have started taking this, My Blood Pressure in evening seems to be on Uptrend where as Morning is very Normal.

Its been 5 Days since i made this change.

Is this normal? 

How Much time does this take to settle down?

Do i show up doctor soon?

I also had frequent Headaches earlier which is showing signs of slowing down as days pass by.

Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Difficult to answer as you don't say how high your BP is in the evening. If there's just a slight increase there should be nothing to worry about.

• Posted

High ranges from 140/90 - 150/95
    • Posted

140/90-150/95 is fairly high for someone your age, but by no means at the level where it would put you in immediate danger. Since you say it's been less than a week since you changed your medication, why not wait another couple of weeks to see what happens? If it's still high in the evenings after that time, perhaps you should ask your doctor to put you on a 24-hour monitoring test. This would establish what's really going on.

BP at that level isn't going to provoke a stroke or anything like that in the short term. The only problem is that everyone's BP tends to go up as they age, so if this is a true reading, it wouldn't be advisable to ignore it long-term.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.