change of meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was changed last week from warfarin to rivaroxaban not feeling to good has anyone else had side effects when changing over if so will they subside the longer I take them

L x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I Linda I was the same on riveroxaban and badly bleeding gums etc so went onto warfarin been much better , may I ask why they changed you from warfarin?
    • Posted

Hi Bea,

They changed me because I have just been diagnosed with RA and the meds I will need are contraindicated with warfarin and I would have to have bloods every week sometimes twice, the new meds for RA also need bloods done every two weeks for 6 months and monthly there after so I would spend more time at pathology

L.

• Posted

I see it makes since to change then Linda I must admit when I first started on warfarin it took over my life with lots of things messing my inr up , but I now work warfarin round my meds etc I'm pretty stable now I hope you settle down on the riveroxaban Linda xx

• Posted

So do I Bea I will give it a few more days, and if I have to ask to go back on Warfarin, I never thought the day would dawn that I would say that, but like you once I got settled on it, it was manageable, and at one time I was only having INR done every couple of months.trouble is apart from the AF and RA I also have fibromyalgia and a long term bladder condition so I prone to urinary infection and as you know the antibiotics play havoc  with the warfarin, how I long for a life free from medication (SOME HOPE)

L xx

• Posted

Linda I too have fm osteoarthritis and under active thyroid I'm sure the thyroid is the cause of my bladder problem ,I have had so many urin infections too but the last time I felt one starting I took high doses of vit c and zinc and drank loads it cleared up fast , it's surprising how many ppl on here have problems the same that seem to be linked , like af linked to stomach problems etc , but they say knowledge is power so iv read up on lots really help too 👍

• Posted

When i started rivaroxaban, felt rubbish after about 4 days until maybe a week or so. Settled after that though. Gums bleed when brushing but not badly. At first, bruising was my issue - i was all colours! Again, settled by now. Been on it 18 months or so. GP checks bloods for - i think - liver function from time to time. Hope this helps. 😊

• Posted

Thanks Cardiac,

I have been on it a week, no bleeding (yet anyway) but just feel really weak and trembly,light headed and dizzy, how long before you felt better.

L.

• Posted

Yep, thats it!! Thought i had flu to be honest. Took about a week to 10 days to settle if i recall correctly. With any luck for you now, you should be coming out of that. If not, maybe a further chat with Doc? Hope it settles soon.
    • Posted

Hi CC.

Most of the symptoms abating after 10 days, except the past two days about an hour after taking the Rivaroxaban I have started with Afib that has gone on for about 6 hours don't know if its the Rivaroxaban or just a coincidence only I have PAF and have not had an attack like that since I was first diagnosed. I want to stay on it if I can, did it happen to you?

L.

• Posted

No, that's a new one. I presume you are taking them with your evening meal? That's when i am instructed to take mine. I do recall my cardiologist saying that if the rixaroxaban didn't agree with me, to try Apixiban. I never have, but perhaps that's your next discussion??

• Posted

Thank you, yes I am taking them with food but we have our main meal at lunch time so just haveing them a sandwich or whatever we are having.

L.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.