Change tablets or not?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, need some advice, I have been fine for about 8 months now and all a sudden my anxiety has come back so quick I have been stressed alot latley. I was just wondering if it is worth going to the doctors for a increase in tablets or just waiting a bit. Cause going up on tablets sometimes makes you worse. Just don't want my anxiety to increase and it to start affecting my life again. Thanks sean

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Meds are prescribed by your GP tailored to your individual needs. Also your medical history would have been taken into consideration by your doctor

This is something you need to discuss with the GP so that you can make an informed decision

• Posted

Talk to your GP Sean make a list of your concerns and worries and He will decide if you need CBT or an increase in your medications.

If you have an increase in the medication you are on now you may have a few extra contrindications that will hopefully disapate after a couple of weeks.

Treat your concern before it may get worse

BOB

• Posted

I usually check in with my doc if my anxiety stays up for a week or more. There is no harm in going in right away, though! If nothing else, you can find out what your options are, how likely those options are to help, etc. Information is power when you have anxiety!!
  • Posted

It is worth calling your doc, and finding out what they think. Don't let you anxiety get out of control,as we know it does

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.