Changed from fluoxetine to sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I’m new to sertraline after 12 years on and off fluoxetine I’m 7 days at 25 after a week off fluoxetine as a wash out period , finding all the effects disheartening I have heightened anxiety and the sweats and no energy with jaw clenching , I have to got to 50 soon I just hope the side effects will be minimal , and that after all this I will have the relief from sertraline 😏

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I went from 50 to 100 and still suffering side effects. Heightened anxiety is particularly bad. That said after nine days on 100 beginning to settle not completely but feel as if I'm getting there. It is a scary drug but everything that I have read sounds positive if you can get through . These forums are amazing and they have helped me . Hope they help you to

James

• Posted

Hiya thank you for your response 😊 it’s nice to k now I’m not alone !! I knew I’d probrably suffer a bit and I’m ok with that aslong as it settles and I get my old self back and I’m also fine to be on meds the rest of my life I’m 29 now and have been on fluoxetine for 12 years I’m gutted the effects wore off . I built the courage over weeks to change just because I was so scared 😟 but I knew something had to change for me I couldn’t live my life as I was any longer I’m a mum of three . 

• Posted

I'm a father of three all adults now . I was on paroxatine for years as well but affects wore off . Yes all I want is myself back. Divorce does not help but I have good support and a lovely partner . I'm 51 and the same as you no problem taking meds the rest of my life. It helps me it dose not define me . Keep posting and talking it helps and as you will know people in our position want to help each other .

• Posted

It so horrid when they just stop being effective isn’t it ! But that’s life I suppose anxiety and depression is such a horrible illness it’s nice to know I’m not alone in this fight , I will keep posting on my progress hopefully we will both me back to our old selfs x
  • Posted

Please do and yes you are not alone . The fight is hard and at times scary but even doing this is a small victory . It will get easier if my reading is correct .

James

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

It really does work if you can just dig deep and push through the horrible side effects. I took 150mg of sertraline a couple of years back (I'm 30) and it honestly changed me back to the person i was before I needed them, I was in such a good place I weaned myself of them. unfortunately I've just started back on them after taking nothing for 6+months, I do also have some sides effects again the jaw clenching is a personal fav! Lol! However I know they will change my life for the better again. Just have to find the strength to fight through the side effects! Big loves xx

• Posted

Hello Hun 😊 thanks so much for your reply it really helps me ! I upped to 50 today hopein it will be a smooth ish transition lol I’m going to stick it out I know so many people who have had relief eventually from sertaline so I have to give it a chance so I can get the old me back I’m 30 this year to Hun 😧 . I hope ur effects decrease soon for you lovely keep me updated I’ll keep posting to xxx

• Posted

Hello how are you today . I was feeling better this morning then back down this afternoon this is hard . Hope your well

James

• Posted

Hello Hun ! I’m ok 🙂 not to bad today I’ve upped to 50 today no other effects I usually feel a bit odd about this time at 5 pm for a while dizzy and twitchy sort of buzzy feeling . Hope ur evening gets better for you tho x

• Posted

That is the same calm now but around tea time tired then agitated . Calm now and baking lol . On the other side five days ago could not see any light but now can . Keep fighting and we will all beat this

James

• Posted

That’s me to I also seem to see some light although I am worried now as I’ve noticed I’m experiencing goosebumps and I don’t think it’s a normal reaction but read it is a symptom of serotonin syndrome xx
  • Posted

The goosebumps may a sign of higher excitement. But the worry for us all is what we excited about . I'm hoping that all find the answer and like anything in life the quick fix generally does not last so hoping this slow one does xx

James

• Posted

hello again ! hope your well after 6 months i came of sertraline side effects never went  back to fluoextine now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.