changed one drug to another

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive been on liprisol10 mg  ffom sometime now  and always had after effects whilst in my local boots afortnight ago ispoke to the phamasit when explained the way i felt  headaches dizzyness ect  he said that the  bp tablet doing that  now as isay this had been going on for sometime but i had no idea that this could be the cause  he suggested  that i change the time i took the tab from morning till night so i decided to try this i didnt anything for aday or two inthat time isuddenly felt better ithen took the tab at night for two days if anything i felt worse  ithought stuff this ill go back to gp and ask for something else which idid today [monday]   he gave me amlodipine5MG  I didnt like the look of the side effects on the leaflet so decided to go on this website what ive read has horrified me no way am i taking this drug god in some countrys its banned anybody suggest a more natraul way of bring bp down, pity really isaw agood doctor aswell  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been on 50mg Atenolol and 2.5mg Bendroflumethiazide after breakfast plus 4mg (2 x 2mg) Doxazosin and 100mg Losartan Potassium after enening meal plus low dose (75mg) Aspirin before bed. I've been on the Atenolol and Bendro for 25 years since I was 50 yrs old. 10 years ago, I read in a newspaper that Atenolol was out of date and had been overtaken by newer, better drugs.

I told my doctor who put me on Amlodipin. That gave me rotten cold symptoms - and after a little while, I saw a big brown blob of the pavement in front of me - and it moved as I walked along!

I booked myself for an eye test at a local optician - he could see nothing wrong so I took myself off the Amlodipine. My doc put me back onto Atenolol and I've been ok since.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi David, like you I read the side effects and said to myself  'you'd be mad to take this medication'.  How right I was, but after a week thought 'don't be a woos' and ended up with really bad side effects, pain, swelling, you name it. Could barely get around in the end.  Now diagnosed with PMR which is no laughing matter.  When first told I had slightly raised BP the obvious treatment should be diet and exercise not make a bee line for the pill bottle.
    • Posted

my thoughts as well as isay went gp asked for something else got this read label looked on web site saw these coments i thought no waylike you say diet exerise dont smoke anyway like adrink at weekends not in excess   lose abit of weight not over weight any way prehaps try amore herbal thing loads out there calomine tea ect go that route dont have to fill your body with chemicals surely
  • Posted

Hi David,

I was taking Amlodipine but my ankes became very swollen and I had pains in the back of my legs. I was then put on Linisopril which caused a dry tickly cough, almost continual at night. I read on this site about grape seed extract and I started taking 2 a day with meals. My BP dropped drastically and in fact was too low. My husband also started taking the grape seed and his BP also dropped. I stopped taking my BP medication 4 days ago. My BP is now reading 135/88. If it stays at this level I will not go back onto the BP tablets. Give Grape Seed extract a try but do keep a check on you BP. I will return to my GP in the next couple of weeks if my BP stays as it is. Let me know how you get on. Please come of the Amlodipine it is not safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.