Changeover From DLA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Denise, I did ask Mike this question yesterday but got no response, my wife got a letter yesterday regarding the changeover for DLA to PIP and she has to phone them by July 12th but she was wondering what sort of questions they ask and Mike said something about DLA evidence but I thought any information from this benefit was discounted as PIP is a completely new benefit I would be grateful for any help in my query. Regards zebra

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zebra, your so right, DLA and PIP are two totally different benefits, yea it does seem like the are asking if you want your original forms attached to your new PIP claim, ASI changed over due to a complete change of circumstances I can't tell you if that's a good move or not, it will all depend on your wife's original reason for being granted DLA, Denise will definitely be able to answer that for you.

I personally found the process of claiming PIP quite easy but my disabilities are quite pronounced so I was just asked questions and did a couple of tests like squeezing hands and standing up to gauge my Ballance, my health professional was really nice, on my forms that I got back it did say I could traverse more than I could but a matter of feet and that didn't seem to effect my claim, I am due for reassessment September I think but want know till I get the paperwork through

Is their any other questions you need answers too

As for being able to tell you exactly what they ask we can't because everyone is different

• Posted

Hi Alex thank you so much for your helpful reply. Regards, zebra ( Tony)
  • Posted

Hi zebra20 

I did reply this morning as soon as I read your post, my tablet charger failed so I was unable to read any sooner.

Hope your good wife gets sorted ASAP, 

Mike.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes you can ask for your DLA file to be used as evidence for the PIP claim. What you will need to do also is to send in more recent up to date evidence as well when returning those forms. Evidence can be anything from a letter from your GP/Consultant, letters from Social Workers, Occupational Therapist reports, MRI scans, recent print out of all current medication, a diary about your daily needs and how your conditions affect you. You can ask your GP if they have anything in your medical records that you can use. There could be a charge for this.

Expect a face 2 face assessment as most people have them.

Also remember that DLA and PIP are completely different and both have totally different criteria. A DLA claim doesn't automatically mean you'll be awarded PIP. The descriptors unfortunately won't apply to everyone.

Once you have those forms, if more time is needed to return them then you can ring DWP and ask for a further 14 days. You must make sure they arrive by this time. If you don't the DLA payments will stop. Make sure you send those forms in plenty of time for them to arrive at the correct department. This can take at least 7 working days, sometimes a little longer.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.