Changes in weather

Posted , 7 users are following.

Okay this is kind of dumb and I know it holds true for me, more or less curious if others have noticed this as well? Have you noticed when there is a change in the weather ( in my case w/ my knee ) it will start to hurt more then usual maybe a day or two prior? I remember years ago someone told me they could tell when the weather was about to change based on how they felt putting it bluntly I thought they were nuts, well I was wrong. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thats exactly whats happeni g to me. N...Ive now gone to being a weather Barometer.

My Surgeon doesnt seem to be concerned.

L

• Posted

Yes, I am with you. My knee hurts every time the weather changes. 
  • Posted

Yes my knee let’s me know the weather is changing. Some people say their surgeons told them they were going to get the arthritis out of their knee !!! I don’t quite understand how that works but I still have pain in my knee. 
  • Posted

After a hip replacement, new knee and two spine fusions, I have about 4 1/2 pounds of metal inside transforming me into a veritable meteorological god!!!!!!
  • Posted

See as dumb as this conversation is we all agree !!! I think we should all apply for jobs a weather forecasts We come from different countries plus we all have the uncanny ability to predict a change in the weather with a good degree of accuracy. I think we would do a better job even with our crutches canes ace wraps etc. I would even think based on our posts and threads it would even be somewhat comical??
  • Posted

I don’t think my surgeon believes it but that happens to me too. However, sometimes I think the pain  in my replaced  knee is cyclical - no matter what the weather is going to be.  I have a bad day, very bad day, a good day, an exceptionally good day, then starts over again.  Is that weird or what? 

Has anyone ever noticed that their pain has a pattern or comes in cycles?  

• Posted

My pain sometimes makes no sense. Yes when I overdo it I pay the price and yes it sometimes I pay a high price, those days are no fun. Then there days like where I live in Richmond Va. I could tell w/o checking the forecast the weather was going to change and it did its supposed to rain for the next few days and now I am paying for it, its not as bad as over doing it but it still stinks. The worst at least for me there are times the weather is great have not done anything that would cause lots of pain but yet it hurts and its no a mild hurt either miserable is a good word. So I try and get a chuckle on occasion but pain just stinks.
  • Posted

Yes i just wrote on the site last week about how I can predict the weather lol because my knee will ache and swell when it's going to rain or when it humid we become meteorologist I've had TKR and scoliosis spinal fusion with rode holding my spine together

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.