Changes to Breast Areola

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

The areola on my right boob has changed shape quite significantly. It's grown in size and is no longer circular. It took about 3 months for the transformation to happen.

I went to the doctors and they referred me to the hospital. I ended up having a scan several weeks later which didn't show anything alarming and I was discharged.

I haven't really been given an explanation but the doctors don't seem concerned, however I can't seem to ignore it. I've been on-line several times and haven't been able to find anyone or any information about areola changes in shape and size.

Has this happened to anyone?

Please, please could someone put my mind at ease and tell me this is happened to them and it's nothing to worry about.

I would much appreciate any information at all.

Thanks in advance.

Angie

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

if yr docs and the specislists arnt worried, but u r go bk to yr docs and explain yo him/her how worried u r and and ask them explain to u why this has happened, good luck to you

i myself am waiting to go for s mamogram as ive found a few lumps!! and as there is cancer in my family im worried

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for your response. I think the thing that is bothering me the most is the fact that I haven't been able to find any info or anyone that this has happened to.

I think I will go back and ask and just hope in the meantime that someone who has experienced changes reads my post.

I hope all goes well for you with your mamogram, keep us posted. It adds to the worry if you've got cancer in the family.

Fingers crossed and take care.

Angie

• Posted

go bk and ssk the doc to explain _why its happened , good luvk snd please keep us updated .

i had a good peice of advice from a very lovely lady who told me not to dr google it, with my lumps!!! as it gives all the scary stuff !!! lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.