Changing from clomipramine to sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody I'm changing over from clomipramine to sertraline clomipramine was ok but made me feel knocked off and difficult 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Papertiger,

I've been on 50mg of Sertraline for four weeks now, due to Anxiety attacks. The first week or so I got hot flushes and sweating bouts, but apart from that they seem to be doing the trick.

• Posted

Hi daveydee glad they are working for you and side effects are bearable I am only on my first week and am feeling ok I am off work for a week can't sleep when I take sertraline 50mgs at 5 pm went to bed at 10 pm but ended up taking zopiclone at 2 am but I feel really sedated after taking sertraline for about 5 hours need to work out best time to take them best wishes👍

• Posted

I take mine before work and to be fair they did make me drowsy the first week or two, also I had a loss of appetite but have found it again. I know it takes anything from Two to Three weeks before any benefits can be taken from Sertraline, and I sleep better at night. The reason for me taking my Medication before work is that I have a very active job, so don't get to sit down much. I do however have a Twenty minute kip in my dinner break which I've always done, plus being active I don't feel as tired even though at times I'm yawning my Head off. But boy do I sleep, and so far it seems to work for me 👍

• Posted

Glad they are working out for you ,I'm in a bit of a mess at the moment coming down off  1 and increasing the other I'm getting side effects from both, I should have increased clomipramine rather than changing to sertraline I'm like an extra from Shaun of the dead! I'm not sleeping , I think I'll bite the bullet stop the sertraline and increase the other one, I honestly wouldn't be able to go back to work , anyway good luck with your journey, and don't work too hard👍

• Posted

Keep me posted on what you decide, and I do hope you become yourself soon. I know your struggling at the moment, but persevere with the Medication 🖒

• Posted

I am hoping to make the change from Anafrinil to Zoloft also.  I am going to the doc today.  I have used anafrinil for 17 years now and i am now on 150 mg.  I want to start taking zoloft to see if that will work.  

How are things now with Zoloft?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.