Changing from solotol to flecainide

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on atenolol and sotalol for my af but lately episodes have been increasing in duration last one lasted 4 days. Saw a different cardiologist and he's taken me off the sotalol and put me on flecainide. I start tomorrow after two days of not taking the sotalol will be interesting to see if it helps: have you had bad side affects with it? And is two days enough time to get the solotol out of my system?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I changed from Sotolol one day to Flecanide and Metoprolol the next day. My episodes of AF that had lasted sometimes up to 4 days are now down to 5-15 minutes. No side effects for me so lm really happy. Good luck. Robyn.

• Posted

I have been on Flecainide since my cardio version 15 months ago. I have had no side effects. It seems to be containing my AF
  • Posted

I've been in flec now for about 3 weeks, 50mgs in the morning and the same dose at night,, for my ectopics, and brief bouts of AF.

Although they don't completely irradicate the problem, they certainly have helped a lot.

Im loathed to take a bigger dose,, and don't really like the feeling of being on Meds  for my heart, I find it kinda depressing and worrying.

I do feel a little headachy,, but I'm on night shifts at the moment so it could be that,

Going back to see the consultant in September,, I really wish they could cure these things,, it becomes a bit of an obsession,, I'm always listening to my heart,, drives me mad

• Posted

Yes I get obsessed too with it all. I'm very attuned to it. I know exactly when I goi into af and when it reverts.
  • Posted

Hi robynfromOz........I have only had one cardio version. Before I saw the consultant my doctor did put me on something for a couple of weeks but I can't remember what it was, sorry. Anyway, it didn't help. My AF was pretty bad so the consultant went straight for the cardio version. 
  • Posted

I have been on Flecainide ever since being diagnosed with PAF 3 1/2 yrs ago.  Initially 50mg twice a day then 150Mg (max dose).  My AF has largely been under control since then - currently haven't had an episode since Jan 2016 and before that Jan 2014!  Is it the Flecainide - I don't know and neither does the cardiologist but I am not planning to change!  Side effects - none noticeable!
    • Posted

Thanks Malcolm I'm dreading taking the first one this morning but am going to try them
  • Posted

hi teenymac i just had two cadio inversions for a-fib ive been on sotalol for over a year and the doc wants to switch me to flecainide but wants tread mill test first. i have read a lot of good things about flecamide so gonna give it a try but i have leukemia and on chemo pills.hate all these drugs in my body but have no choise . we will see , jack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.