Changing meds from escitalopram to citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all just wondering if anyone changed from escitalopram to citalopram and things got better I’ve been on escitalopram for nearly 2 year and it turned me into a horrible person anger low mood mood swings etc 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Ho I forgot it’s made me paranoid as well 😬

• Posted

I’ve only been on citalopram 10mg and it’s my 14 week and I’m just returning to my old self 🙏🏻🙏🏻 but I’ve read the threads here and people say it’s a process of transition. I wish I could be more help. Any ?’s I’m here. 

Will😎

• Posted

Cheers will 

I was on citalopram for years and did good on it till it stoped working ever since then I’ve been on loads of different ones with no joy hoping the cit do the job again 🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

NHas anyone on citilopram 20mg for more than 12 weeks and still getting some 

Anziety I feel it worse in the mornings and then it seems to tail of in the evenings

i would be grateful if you would let me know.

xx

• Posted

Hi gibbo

All ads make you feel like that at first it’s a side effect morning are the worst my bed speak to your gp they mite up dose 

Take care

• Posted

That's part of recovery ..most people don't realize that and they up their dosage..and when is time to come off the higher dose are a night mare for the weaning process..stick with your dose ..you will get better ..is a slow gradual recovery but worth it in the end..

• Posted

Since it's been 12 weeks, I personally would see if the doctor would bump it up to 30 mg, but that's just me.

?

• Posted

Hi gibbo, 

It’s normal. 

Go to gemma77546 thread and read what I wrote and others wrote. I’m here if you have ?’s. 

Will😎

• Posted

Hi Don!

?I plan to be making the switch in early July, only the opposite way: I'll be switching from Citalopram to Escitalopram.

?I've been on 40 mg of Citalopram for 5 years and had been doing great, but now it appears to have quit being effective for me. Which is a real shame, because it was a great med for me.

?If you switch, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress :-). Since Citalopram was the first antidepressant I've been on, I am very, very nervous about switching, worrying about if it doesn't work, start up side effects, and all that other fun stuff:-). Hence why I've pushed off switching until July;-).

• Posted

Hi Kelly 

I know how you feel I feel the same I switching on Tuesday citalopram worked for years then stoped working about 4 years ago tried lot of different ads in the last 4 years with not muck joy escitalopram only worked for a bit for me (but remember everyone’s different )

Doc said to try citalopram again 🤞🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

Good luck!! Hopefully Citalopram will work great for you once again!!

​Let us know how the switch goes:-).

• Posted

Don,

?Have they ever tried augmenting your SSRI medication with something else, like Wellbutrin or Abilify? On another anxiety forum I'm on, some people have had great success after nothing else worked by having another med added, too.

• Posted

Perhaps wellbutrin.but ability is some strong drug...I have fittle with both meds..so I have some experience in these meds..
    • Posted

Hi kelly 

My doc or p doc as never mentioned about taking another med with it like u said I’ve red a lot about people mixing meds but just praying 🙏🏽the cit dose it’s job again keep in touch x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.