week1 lowering mirtazapine to 30mg

week2 lowering to 15mg mirtazapine + adding 20mg fluoxetine

week3 stopping mirtazapine

taking the fluoxetine for 6 weeks

has any body had any experience with this Help please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Michelle: I can’t vouch for the information, but you can google wikipsychiatrienet per information. Try to cross reference with what they advise. Good luck. Steve
    • Posted

Thanks Steve will look on that. only been on mirtazapine now for 9 months an still feel like  sh*t so changing to fluoxetine.fingers crossed its been so long trying to cope with depression.

• Posted

Bit of a major swap. Mirtazapine sedates you and  fluoxetine peps you up.

Having been on both medications and at the same time, but on a different course to you. 

I can say I personally do not agree with reducing and adding something new at the same time. It's too many changes at once. Mirtazapine withdrawal isn't severe so try not to worry about that. But to drop a further 15 mg over 2 weeks I think is too fast.

As for fluoxetine it helped me 17 years ago, but 2 years ago it didn't agree with me. BUT at the time I was withdrawing off paroxetine and I think it was a bad combo.

• Posted

Hi I've been feeling a bit anxious about this start on monday got  to try something just felt so bad on mirtazapine  o motivation  so tired all the time crying no matter what i did to help myself i felt llike sh*t. felt so so low.hope fluoxetine works been depressed for 1 year now losing any hope i once had. its been a long sad year .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.