Chapeler

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello folks . I was diagnosed with Bronchietsas also asthma over 10 years ago . I am reasonably well exercise x medication seem to help . My problem is acute tiredness,hardly any energy. I could sleep for England ..... I wondering if someone may have suggestions to overcome my problem ! I realise many of you have worse problems to deal with . Oh I am 71 in age . Thanks in anticipation .best wishes to all x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sad to say I don't have solutions, but would also like some! I'm 39 and generally by midday (I'm usually up by 6am, so...noon or a bit later), I'm so exhausted I have to just go to bed for 3-4 hours just to have energy to make dinner and clean up afterwards.

It wasn't till I found this site that I realized I wasn't the only one who does this.

• Posted

Ive recently been diagnosed too, trying to come to terms with it, I seem to be constantly ill, not only with my chest but my ears and sinuses too, my sleeping pattern is shocking I'm up at 2 or 3 am and can't sleep, and constantly tired. One good thing is I train a lot in the gym, but it wipes me out for weeks when I get it. Does anybody else experience the same symptoms?

• Posted

I'm 51 and tiredness seems to rule this affliction sad

Some days I'm that tired I can have a 12 hr 'nap' lol, I head to bed as my body tells me I can't go on any more.

I work, and some days I have trouble getting out of bed, I work mornings and if I've had a bad night with Bx then I feel tired from my hair downwards.

I'd LOVE someone to tell me how to stay awake lol without more drugs wink

• Posted

Hi. I am newly diagnosed just one week ago and coming to terms with the disease.

i am on my 6th course antibiotics in six months and thought the exhaustion was due to immune system being down due to antibiotics. I am really having to pace myself so any ideas welcome also .

• Posted

Hi Kath , I am 67, and had this diagnosed two years ago, I too am so lacking in get up and go . I have to push to get anything done, I do a bit in the morning, then after lunch lay down, then get dinner ready do a bit sit down do a bit sit down, i get what  I call knife in the back if i try to do too much at a time, Think it is my body saying enough.It is so frustrating but we have to try to be thankfull for what we can do and not think about what we can not . It is the only way no to feel depressed. I hope this helps. 

Hugs Pam

• Posted

Thanks Pam .yes I have to agree .there are many People worse off .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.