Chapped Lips - Relatively New But Won't Go Away

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys,

Chapped lips (more specifically just my lower lip) have been plaguing me for most of this year. I never got it previously, but its quite severe, a crack will form and it's almost always peeling skin.

So far i've ruled a few things out - i don't lick my lips, i breath through my nose (not mouth breathing) and don't have any specific skin allergy.

Things i've tried to help - drink lots of water and pawpaw cream (it helps but lips almost go straight back to being terrible after it dries up).

I've been through a decently recent battle of chronic illness, started with abdominal stuff and then CFS. I did have chronic dehydration and relatively dry lips, though i'm well hydrated now and have been for almost a year, yet this is new and worse than i ever experienced under chronic dehydration.

I've had other niggling issues for a while, notably peeing way too much (figured it was my bladder adjusting to actually having an adequate amount of water) and a constant buzzing / tingling in feet. These could be connected though i have no idea, can't really differentiate what is different or still lingering CFS symptoms.

Wondering if it would be worth contacting the doc about or if any of you would here would maybe know some solutions / common causes to severe chapped lips. It's really beginning to annoy me, constantly sore and looks bad.

Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Have you tried taking Vitamin B12? that may help. It may help a lot of your symptoms including that buzzing in your feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.