Charlotts webb

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone try cbd oil for electric shocks in tongue and jaw?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kareem,

i have been on CBD oil for over 2 months for TN, arthritis ,sleeplessness and it is so beneficial. I have cut out half my meds I have been on for over 5 years, and have had no spikes with the TN.

So pleased a friend recommended it to me. I take 2 drops in the morning and 2 before bedtime.

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I just wanted to know if your TN was atypical or typical shock like .My pain is a constant 24/7 burn on my left side of tongue , mouth, gums. I have cbd oil here. I want to try it, but do you have to stop your meds as you begin the cbd trial. How did you do it? And do you think it could help me ? Thanks for listening. God bless. Louise

• Posted

Louise

I have had both typical shocks along the right side of nose and upper right lip, lower lip area as well the constant pain in roof of mouth and teeth on the right side. Carbamazepin and OX Carbamazepin worked for a while with lots of side effects. I tried accupuncture and chiropractor, where it was recommended to try CBL . She had level 5 cream which I tried first and it worked within 20 min for me around the mouth area. It takes longest to get pain relief inside the mouth, whereas oil would work faster

I was up to 1600 MG a day and most days the pain in the mouth area never quit. Was given 3 sample packets to try before buying. It truly helped,

But drug side effects became worse and so ended up having gamma knife procedur recently, and now use the cream and no drugs for minor shocks which are a 1 or less. Hope this helps sharon 33606

• Posted

Hi

I’ve had TN for 18 years and recently tried cbd oil. Luckily I’ve not had the electric shock pain for ages but I do have strong, radiating pain most of the time. Anyway I tried cbd oil for 6 months but haven’t taken it for the last 4 weeks as I went on holiday to the States but didn’t take it with me. I think it helped but no idea if it would help with shock pain. Hopefully you’ll hear from someone suffering the same pain thats taking cbd. Good luck finding relief. 

Paula x

Paula x

• Posted

Hi Kacee,

I tried the CBD oil for it and used the one that was 99%. It did seem to give some relief but just to my tongue and only for a short time, maybe an hour or so.

• Posted

I use CBD Clinic prof series level 5 pro sport and just little bit of the creme brings relief in 20 minutes from zingers, etc.
    • Posted

I was diag with trigeminal in 2011, was on oxcarbazapine for 5 yrs, due to side effects I could no longer take, the horrible shocks were in left side of tongue and in my jaw., they were constant, unbearable.  Most of the meds given for trig. are for seizures, so after Dr. Sonja Gupta had special on child using cbd oil and it was working she was no longer a vegetable but a child with 1 small seizure aday down from 300.  I ordered the cbd oil and after 2 wks my shocks were down to 3 or 4, that was last xmas and now I have my life back, I take 15 drops am and pm., I suffered for 6 years could not work, or enjoy anything, its been a miracle for me, thank you Jesus! No one will ever understand how bad trigeminal  pain is unless they have it.

• Posted

Hi Kacee 01, Was the cbd oil you used Charlotte's Web? Just  curious .I've had atypical TN for over 20 yrs. ; have been on Gabapentin and lyrica .Did well for 8 yrs. had several relapses, but always seemed to bounce back after neuro tweeked the dose . Unfortunately about 4 years ago, things got bad again and now I'm in pain management, on pain killers along with the other meds. And nothing is working. The stress alone is killing me and my GI tract. I tried cbd oil from the dispensary. But they were limited in certain oils and the one they gave me was all thc. I was either not feeling anything from too low of a dose or bumping into walls and not being able to form sentences from a few more drops.The dosing was so hard and I went back 3 or 4 times for guidance and it was like , yes we get that a lot . You have to keep on playing with it. Needless to say, I gave up. But I did order Charlotte's Web on line and never gave it a shot. So if you can help me out here, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Louise

• Posted

Hi Louise the CBD Oil I take has no THC in it, it is purely cannabis plant based. I am on 5% strength and take 4 drops a day - 2 in the morning and 2 before bed. Have not had a TN attack since I have been on it and have eliminated more than half of my meds. Just take Oxcarbamezapine and Lamotrigine in the morning.

Kind Regards

Sharon

• Posted

Louise 35959, yes I use cbd oil, charlotts webb. It has been a miracle for me, it was the most unbearable electric shocks in my jaw and half my tongue, occarbazepine for 5 years until it damaged my liver, Then lidocaine to numb the pain and shocks, it took 2 months for cbd to completely take away all the pain. I use 1 dropper under tongue am and pm, give it time in 2 wks I could see a difference. All I can say is its also lowered sed rate from 40 to 5, my cholesterol is normal for first time, its so good for you has all amino acids your body needs. HOPE THIS HELPS.

• Posted

Thanks Kacee 01 for your info. It greatly helps. One question did you get off the your meds first or taper off as you were using the oil.Thanks again.

Louise

• Posted

Louise, I tapered off while using cw, but had to taper in 2 wks due to causing liver damage after 5 yrs. After years of suffering I notice things that trigger the pain in lower jaw and side of tongue, when that happens I can put 5 drops in area and it stops. Its a miracle! Be patient, I tried 2 other brands ordered from amazon, and after that, I researched and charlotts webb from colorado was helping with seisures, and my dr. was giving me seisure meds for trigeminal so thats why I decided to try cw. That was last Dec. and the rest is history. I keep small bottle in purse and one on night stand. Hope this helps, Kacee

• Posted

Hi ! Kacee01 i have tried cbd oil and cbd tincture all it did for me was made me sleepy and i guess it helped me not feel those horrible shocks but let me rell u i was in so much pain that i had liquid lidocaine that was prescribed for my daughter that i remembered and i grabbed some toilet paper not thinking it would dissolve in my mouth i just wanted the pain to go away and i put lodacaine on the paper and put under my tongue it actually numbed it for a few seconds but it gave me a few seconds of relief

• Posted

Hi guadalupe43996,  I thought I was the only one that used lidocaine, it was a life saver,  numbed shocks.  I even kept in my purse. Hope those days don't ever come back! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.