Check up update

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I  posted yesterday with regards to my BP 160/94 I went to my family doctor today and check my BP and he read as 120/70! After an hour I went to Walmart and check again and it’s 155/90! I don’t get it why it’s normal when my doctor check my BP. They also perform ECG and it came out normal including my breathing. Just waiting for the result of my XRay. I’m just wondering if my doctor just make a mistake on my BP reading earlier during my check up. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Henpen is right - as usual! You are indeed freaking out over nothing. Everyone's BP varies throughout the day. Quite apart from which, are you seriously suggesting Walmart is a better place to get your BP checked than your doctor's office?

Forget about it and get on with your life. Get a yearly or half-yearly routine check-up (but not at Walmart) and don't stress over it the rest of the time.

• Posted

Thanks Lily for the advise.. maybe I’m stressing myself too much 
  • Posted

I don't know what the Walmart machine was like but my wife and I tried one at a local medical centre that gave strange results. I found that it was not in a comfortable position for my arm that was not relaxed when using it.  

• Posted

Bryan,

?I suspect you sat for quite a while in your Dr.'s Ofc. resting before a Nurse or the Dr. came in.  This could have caused a High Reading due to the irritation of having to wait so long or White Coat Syndrome (WCS) - OR, in your case, if you don't experience WCS and aren't easily irritated when waiting on others, a Normal or Lower BP Reading as you had rested for a while.

?At Walmart, You probably walked across the Parking Lot and sat down to IMMEDIATELY and took your BP.

?BP changes constantly.  That is absolutely Normal!

?At 35, it would be quite unusual for you to have any Heart Problems even with a bad diet and lack of Cardio Vascular exercise.

?I'm 99+% certain You are simply obsessing about your overall Health and right now particularly your erratic BP Readings.

?Quit taking your BP so much.  Start a moderate Cardio Exercise Regimen such as walking.  Stop Simple Carbs such as Soft Drinks, Candy, Cookies, etc.  and adjust your weight downward 5 - 10 lbs as 190 at 5'10" is a little high according to the BMI.

?Anxiety can definitely cause your BP to be all over the board!  BUT - be very careful about starting any Anti-Anxiety Meds such as Valium, Xanax, etc.  If your Dr. prescribes one, try to get your exercise, weight loss program, etc. going ASAP and get OFF the Prescribed Drug!  30 days at most!  They can be addictive and the longer you take, the harder to get off and the tougher the withdrawal.  Not REAL DIFFICULT but an unnecessary and unpleasant few days!

Once again, Good Luck!   Ernie

• Posted

Thanks Ernie.... I just have my Ecg and went back normal. My doctor will monitor my BP for a month as he doesn’t want me to give any medication... maybe I’m stressing so much
    • Posted

Bryan,

Good Luck!  I think you're going to be absolutely fine!  I just saw some other Posts from "HenPen" and Lily.  They're good People!

Relax!  You're Fine.  Just overstressed temporarily!

Ernie

• Posted

Hi there smile

I think you are just stressing yourself about this but if you started experiencing hot flushes, headaches, or any concerning symptoms, you can ask your doctor for a 24hour BP holter, it will help.

I really hope it's nothing worth concerning just being stressed and overthought about it smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.