check your pension credit after getting PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wanted to warn others to check their pension credit is still going into their account.  My husband noticed on his bank statement that since he got standard rate of PIP on living and mobility his pesnsion credit hadnt been put in all of April.  We rang them up and they asked if there had been any other changes at all, as soon as i said he had been given PIP he said oh right, i handed the phone to my husband to hear the explanation given. He said there have been lots of problems with people having their pension credit closed down after getting PIP. !  he has had it put back now.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mine has been stopped too. I called and they said it's because I have not filled in a form for severe disablement premium. I get enhanced for both components of pip. I was on DLA and everything seemed to have cut down since the change over to pip. My Pip is even less than the DLA even though I get enhanced for both components. Don't make sense to me

• Posted

Hi,

That doesn't make sense how you get less money for PIP when you claim Enhanced for both. The payments are the same as High for both on DLA. Payments are £83.10 per week for Daily living and £58 per week for Mobility. DLA payments are exactly the same. Are you sure you get Enhanced for both?

• Posted

That's what the letter says I was totally confused when trying to reason it out with the person on the other end of the phone. It was only when I called pension credit I was told that I would have to fill out a severedisablement form as it does not come automatically as it did with DLA. In actual fact I had planned to call Dwp and hear what they have to say about this. I really couldn't make sense of it

• Posted

If this is the Severe disability Premium (SDP) they're correct it's not automatically paid. The reason for this is because not everyone qualifies for it.

• Posted

Well  we were never told about having to fill in another form and we never had to either, Neither did we have any letter to say it was going to be shut down either. As i said the man on the phone said lots of people are having this problem weather its standard or the higher rate of P.I.P.  They were shutting down peoples pension credit.  He said in fact they were just discussing this before i rang.  Why would pension credit be shut down because one gets PIP? Its less than the DLA he was getting as well. 
    • Posted

I called DWP and they said that my Pip for this month is less because DLA should have paid me up Until PIP. Starts. They then suggested that I call DLA. Although it seems minor the stress of going round in cycle, brought on severe back spasm. I'm in bed right now and cannot even move. Having to wait for my daughter to come and help me. They also said that I should call pension credit for an explanation. I had already called them. I am just sick and tired of the runaround

• Posted

Im so sorry your in bed and can hardly move, Hope you never had to wait to long for your daughter to arrive to help you.                        Wonder why its made so complicated,? we just rang pension credit and the on got another letter to say how much he was getting again and from when.Seems each one is blaming the other but someone is responsable for shutting down our pension credits. Who and why?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.