Checking In...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi lovely ladies 🙋🏼 just 'popping in' to say Hi & how are you all? Do hope you're all keeping well. May there always be sunshine & humour to brighten your day as we run the gauntlet of menopausal madness😖 Take Care 

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What a lovely message x thank you had a sh*t day but that was nicesmile xx
    • Posted

Hi Chris, hope you're feeling ok, thinking of you 💐 heres to better days 😊 
  • Posted

Good to check in Bobbins059.  I am checking in too.  I am finding life a little easier as the hot flushes are receding (51 years old, 52 in July).  I now realise a lot of the menopause symptoms started earlier than I thought, having gone on this site, I didn't realise at the time and I am glad of it really.  I was talking to a friend the other day who is 45 and having problems with a prolapsed uterus (she had a child 2 and a half years ago), I was trying to help her with yoga to help the prolapse as it tones the body and relaxes body and mind.  Yoga has been my lifesaver, I think, in terms of dealing with the menopause.  I nearly mentioned this, as it flitted across my mind, but I didn't say anything about the menopause as I thought she had enough to deal with at the moment.  I didn't want to tell her about the next hurdle.  I always wondered, when reading the comments on this site why older women don't tell us what to expect.  I now know.  Who wants to tell anyone, who is getting on with their lives what is about to happen to them?  It is a strange thing, the secret of the menopause...maybe it is such a life-changing thing, so many symptoms to deal with that we don't want to engulf younger women with the thought of it, we want them to enjoy life as it is, going along as you might expect - well, periods and how you feel, knowing how you will feel moreorless as you go through your cycle.  I have found the absence of a cycle quite liberating, I suppose, thinking about it now, I suppose, I haven't looked at it that way though; but I was happy having a menstrual cycle, it was normal for me, as a woman.  It was the not knowing what was going to happen next with the menopause that really made it stressful for me.  Feeling unsure of myself, really.  Not being me, as I knew myself.  Of course, hopefully, I have moved through that, although I still have my moments.  I really got back into to doing yoga seriously, i.e. making a commitment to do it twice a day EVERY day, no matter how I felt.  A commitment to myself.  This really helped, although, at times, it meant I went to bed later because I hadn't fitted it in earlier and I HAD to do it, it was a commitment, it also meant I got a good night's sleep, incidentally.  Or getting up early to do half an hour in the morning.  Making that commitment and sticking to it.  This was a start in my journey, perhaps.  Mostly, though, I think the exercise and toning of my body helped in reducing the symptoms I was experiencing, hot flushes, night sweats, headaches, forgetfullness, upset, tearful, fogginess, not remembering things - generally feeling out of control.  Try yoga -  ladies!  The meditative side of the breathing in and out throughout the yoga really helps calm your mind apart from anything else, also, it is, importantly your time for yourself, it is nurturing for you - we are all usually nurturing everyone else, as I pointed out to my friend when talking about the benefit of doing yoga.  

I would be interested in anyone else's thoughts about why the menopause is a 'secret.'

Lots of love to all you wonderful, heart-warming, sincere women! xxx

• Posted

Good morning, I don't think menopause is such a secret it's just that it effects women in so many different ways, my friend just had her periods stop no hot flushes, nothing. While I am like a soggy aching limp rag ! So I think it's just that us on here are having a hard time & thankfully have each other to talk to & know we can put anything we want & won't be judged.  I'm glad no-one comes on here to say they don't have any problems , feel great & doesn't know what were going on about !   Take care all, have a lovely weekend & keep cool (if only ) xx
  • Posted

Good morning Bobbins059, hope you have a wonderful weekend, every-one keep your chin up we will get through this ! questioncheesygrin
  • Posted

Good morning from Italy, I agree it is a subject that for some reason nobody talks about or warns you. I had absolutely no idea, I am going to open a new discussion in a minute as really suffering and tried HRT for just 10 days and felt worse, I think I must be experiencing every side effect going..... on the up-side the sun is shining. I am running out of ideas and think I might take up Yoga if that helps, I will try anything! Have a great day everyone 😎
    • Posted

Good evening Beckyboop from Australia. Do hope you're ok, I'm going through this all natural & had/having(like other women here) all sorts of horrible peri crap but we're here for each other & together we will conquer! LoL. I'm so glad I joined this group, is what we need....laughter, tears, rants, good advice & just knowing that other women are going through the same things gives some comfort. Enjoy your lovely sunny Italian day, be kind to yourself. Take Care, keep well 😊
  • Posted

Good evening to you, it is 11.00am here, have a fab evening. I am post-menopausal as not bled for a year, it goes on and on....... sending strength and sunshine to help deal with the menopause, what a time we all have! 😓
  • Posted

I used to go to a Yoga class and really enjoyed it. But the menopause seems to have agrivated every injury I ever had and my neck, right shoulder and elbow, lower back knees, right ankle and fingers are SO sore I can't do it anymore. I get down on the floor and can't get up without climbing the furniture and moaning the whole way! NOT very relaxing for me or the others.rolleyes

I really miss it and have started to do some at home. But with little floor space and 5 cats all trying to sleep on my mat, well....

If you can - try it, it's great and when I win the lottery lollol I am going to have a personal 'me' room built with mats - thick ones - for Yoga (and while I'm at it, a big, comfy armchair, TV, all my books, art stuff and a big desk to work at with somewhere to make tea and store wine) No cats, Mum or Husband - Utter Bliss!

Hey ho, back to reality.

• Posted

Hi, sorry don't mean to be rude but I'm LOL!! 😆 can relate to the sore achy joints, my hips get so sore...getting into my car, am LOL again, shuffle bum into seat & have to physically lift my legs in while grunting n groaning....what a picture that conjures up, my knees crunch like sandpaper, fingers getting a bit lumpy, sit too long & it takes forever to get up...as for getting back onto feet from kneeling etc, yes I'm on all fours crawling my way back up trying to find my feet...think I'm turning into something that might resemble the hunchback of Notre dam LoL 😁

be kind to yourself, be gentle with yourself & Take Care. Oh yes a lottery win...sounds wonderful! Aaarrrhhhh

• Posted

I woke up to this lovely message...thank you!
    • Posted

Hi Todd, no matter how dark days can be we all need a little sunshine to make us feel good ☺️ Take Care
  • Posted

Hey thanks Bobbin, I had a rough week, and your message gave me a smile in the middle of it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.