Cheek soreness

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have a lot of the symptoms of ss dry mouth, joint paint in hands and fingers but also have cheek pain and sore ribs. Will see a rheumologist in October but not sure whether to mention all these things they seem so disconnected. Also i am a diabetic. Has anyone had cheek pain with ss. Also I had an ana blood test and it was negative which does not seem to be conducive to ss.

3 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too have rib/flank pain. At times very jolting. My ANA was positive as was my RO/SSA and I had elevated ESR. I am diabetic also along with Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and Fibromyalga. From what I understand SJS or SS is hard to diagnose and many other disease mimic it. I guess it is important to figure out if it IS what you have possiblty through a lip biopsies because treatments for the other possibilities can make you worse. BEST of luck getting a dx and never give up smile

• Posted

Hello Heather, 

I was diagnosed with SS by having a lip biopsy done. I have dry eyes, mouth and my body aches daily. My ANA came back negative, the only thing showed out of norm was my SED RATE. All of the information that is given is very informational. Please do share with your doctor all of your symptoms. I pray that all goes well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.