Chemotherapy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone with GCA had chemotherapy for it a friend of mine with PMR and GCA has been told thats what she needs. I keep telling her to join this forum but she is not good with a computer, I have found it so useful, I was diagnosed in Nov 14 and went from 15mg to 12,5,11,10 and from then on a drop of .5 all of it for a month at a time, i am now on 6mg and its looking good fingers crossed, i would like to thank all you good people in giving me the confidence to control the preds, my Dr has just let me get on with it, i do get tired but i havnt slept properly for years so no change there. I am on AA and dont really want to be, has it actually changed anyones dexa results after 5yrs. I do think how lucky i am not to suffer like some of you so thanks again Liz

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Diagnosed of GCA there are three years I've never heard anyone going through Chemo for this reason.

As you, Liz, I am blessed for having no pain whatsoever.

Keep well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.