Cherry juice

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've just had an email through about the benefits of drinking cherry juice for people with fibromyalgia. It's supposed to have anti inflammatory properties as well as helping to sleep.

Has anyone tried this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Interesting. I've never tried it before, but I love cherry juice so I'd be happy to give it a whirl! :-)
  • Posted

Hi Arual my partner was diagnosed with Gout 4 years ago he got really bad flare ups in his toe and now he takes cherry active tablets every day and was also advised to drink cherry juice and the combination is keeping the inflammation under control

cranberry juice is also good for infection and inflammation down below ladies 

shirl x

• Posted

Make sure its whats called 'sour cherry' which is different to ordinary cherries.  Sour cherry (or tart cherry, wild cherry) has known antioxidant effects and anti inflammatory ingredients known as anthocyanins.  Not heard that it would help with fibro before however.  Fibro isn't an inflammatory condition like OA etc.  Sour cherry juice is very expensive but you can find supplements in health food stores.  I take them for my OA but wouldnt say they give any relief for the fibro or make me sleep except that if the arthritis pain is easier I probably find I get more sleep.
  • Posted

be very careful with this i tried it years ago and i was fine for a few weeks then all hell broke loose with my stomach and it took an age to settle it down .
  • Posted

No but I have read that cherries contain a strong natural laxative so I would be careful! The "runs" could cause more inflammation in the nether regions and lower back in my experience!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.