Cherry juice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anybody use cherry juice? If so can anybody recommend a brand? I have the Cherry Active from H&B but its so expensive. I know you can get capsules but my husband prefers the juice to more pills.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I started using Montmorency cherry juice from Holland and Barret after I had to reduce the dosage of allopurinol due to renal problems and touch wood since I started using I haven't had a gout attack . It is expensive and I take about 5 teaspoons in a glass of water once or sometimes twice a day .

When I went to see the rheumatologist at the hospital I told her I was using the cherry juice and she said she knew about the supposed benefits of cherry juice but all the evidence wasn't in yet and was happy for me to carry on using .

• Posted

I use Tesco and Morrisons cherry juice. I'm not sure if it does any good or not. You could try it and see if you notice any difference from the expensive stuff. An American recommended Knusden's cherry juice ,which she swears by,but it's very expensive to import,although you can get it on Amazon.

• Posted

yes i swear by holland and barratt cherry juice it really does work

you should also try celery tea not best taste but does the job

• Posted

Thanks I will get him some, I have read that celery helps.

I know it's important to keep the levels down so keep taking the febuxostat but anything else that helps us worth a try.

• Posted

I tried a couple of varieties but could never detect any benefit.

Also don't know the wisdom of trying additional measures while on febuxostat - which seems to have the same mechanism of action as celery seed but I gather at much higher doses. Hmm, I just searched that out, had never looked before. Curious. I never heard of celery seed causing a gout attack at inception. Maybe it's dosage related. Hmm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.